Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Life expectancy of Versa 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Received my Versa 2 for Christmas 2021. Loved it. It died July 29, 2023 at just a year and a half. Nothing works and I have tried everything to get it running again. I see a black screen with the Fitbit logo and sporadically a photo of a battery with little life left. It won't charge, it won't vibrate, it won't do anything.

I am SO disappointed that this device didn't even last two years. As much as my life has been impacted by a week without a fitness device, does it make sense to fork out that kind of money again? I don't think I can trust Fitbit.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Is a Versa 2 known to last less than 2 years or did I do something wrong?

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Micmarmey - you probably didn't do anything wrong. The watch seals deteriorate over time and aren't very robust on some watches to start with.

In some cases it's even a firmware fault which isn't covered.

However try a restart. Try charging for 30 minutes from a PC port then hold the button for 10 seconds till it vibrates and the logo appears and wait for it to start.

A factory reset is also possible but chat via the Fitbit App, click profile photo, Help & support, Contact Customer support for help with that.

If the watch is playing dead some have removed the Bluetooth entry from the phone and in the app run "+ Set up a Device" with success,  but it generally depends on the source of the problem.

If it gets hot while charging stop immediately.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree with Guy below or above.  My Versa 2 gets a blank screen about every 6 months at random.  Normally, I have used the method of holding the button in for about 30 - 60 seconds until the blue Fitbit logo appears on the screen.  It then reboots itself over the next 30 seconds as if nothing as happened.  Today, the screen went blank again but my usual fixes of charging, changing the screen face, syncing or holding the button for 30 - 60 seconds did not work.  I succeeded just now by using a method described for the Charge Fitbit, as reproduced below.  However, to push the button in while the Fitbit is in the charger clip is tricky.  I slipped a business card between the clip and the button to hold the button in while the Fitbit connected to the four connection pins in the clip.  The Fitbit reset itself and the familiar blue Fitbit logo appeared on the screen, followed by the new clockface I had set in the previous reset attempt.  Must be a glitch in the software that Fitbit Corp may fix one day.  I have the latest version.

How do I restart Charge or Charge HR? 

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Insert the other end into the port on the back of your tracker.
  3. Press and hold the button for 10 to 12 seconds, until you see the Fitbit icon and a version number (e.g. "V30").
  4. Let go of the button, and unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply! I tried your suggestions, nothing works. My fitbit never vibrates anymore when putting it in charger. I bought a new charger which also did not help. It's going to the Fitbit graveyard!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just as I replied to the first response, thank you, but nothing has worked for me. My Fitbit is no more.☠️

Best Answer
0 Votes