Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lifespan Versa 1 - how old is yours?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm asking because at 17 months I'm starting to see the battery life start to fail on mine.

I'm trying to ascertain, if at all possible, how much time 'we' have left together!

How old was yours when you first noticed the battery discharged in under 3 days?

If I use GPS for 2 - 4 hours I'm lucky to get 14 hours from a full charge now.

Blaze, Surge, Ionic and Versa1. I am not a FitBit employee.
Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Since the original SE release. I preordered it from Fitbit. Still alive and kicking 🙂

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer

Mine is nearly a year and a half old.  Still works great.  especially if I don't update it this time.  I just found out the windows 10 app I paired it to is a bit out of date.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had my original Versa replaced due to warranty issues within first couple of months. But the truth is, my Versa is about 20 months old and it kicked the bucket. What is interesting, it happened to my versa after recent firmware update. My friend with Versa also updated and their Versa died as well. At about 2 years old. And of course it is out of warranty. 

Best Answer

Mine just died also.  2 years old in July.  Wouldn't charge.  I accepted the update and now it's completely dead.  Very disappointing.  Not sure if I should get another Fitbit or move on to something else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa (1st gen) died after 13 months. It wouldn't hold a charge or connect anymore. 

Best Answer

I owned a Versa 2 for about 16 months that worked fine before a recent update. This smacks of planned obsolescence. Then the screen started to flicker and went white.   The problem occurred after an update. The tech support asked me about the clock face that I had selected, but if a clock face was a contributing factor, they should not offer untested clock faces. They should test and support what they offer.  I am checking into other options before spending money on another Fitbit. They offered me a discount, but what I really want is a functional watch that has longevity.  I am hoping that the administration is paying attention to these posts. I agree that this is an expensive watch for such a short longevity. 

Best Answer

Same here and now the same exact thing is happening with my replacement. In less than 1.2 years (467 days) both original and replacement failed. Not syncing, unable to keep correct time and display notifications. Only took 5 months for replacement to malfunction. Fitbit will not make it right and only offering 35 % off. So disappointed. Been a huge supporter and customer of Fitbit since the beginning. I will never spend another $ with Fitbit and highly discouraged others. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got my Fitbit Versa 1 On 7. Oct 2018 for my 70th birthday on the 5th.   It still works beautifully and always has.  A few hiccups around system updates. I got the Blaze in Oct 2016, and that one is still going strong even though I use the Versa 95% of the time.  I am most impressed with how the Blaze has updated itself along with the Versa.  And how interchangeable they are.  I like them most following my running and exercises. 

Best Answer
0 Votes