Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lots of problems with my Versa 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I first want to say that I love Fitbit and have been wearing their watches for years. I have always felt that their products are reliable and long-lasting. I recently upgraded to a Versa 2 because I loved the look of the watch and the bands. However, I have run into several issues with this watch that is really dampening my experience and makes me want to return it and go back to my Ionic. My issues are these: 

1. My watch drops its Bluetooth connection multiple times daily. I have scoured these forums and repeatedly go through several different ways to remedy the problem (as recommended by the FitBit employees), but it still doesn't work. Therefore, I have to restart my watch each time to re-establish a Bluetooth connection. I have an iPhone 8 Plus and it worked fine with my Ionic.
  2. Intermittently, it will burn through a full battery in a day. This has only happened a couple of times since I have got the watch but it always seems to happen at the worst times
  3. It won't maintain a connection with Strava, I have added it through the FitBit app and through Strava's app several times. Still nothing. 
  4. Lastly, it will drop its connection to my phone within the first few minutes of a run every single time. So while it still records data (albeit slightly incorrect data), it is not recording GPS data at all. 

I NEVER had any of these problems with my previous watches. They all worked wonderfully and without issue. I am kind of at the end of my rope here and I am thinking it might be better to return this watch and continue using my old Ionic until these issues are resolved. Which is such a bummer because I do really love how this watch looks. I know that other people are experiencing these issues so I am not sure what to do!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @JiuJitsuGirl , I would advice you to contact Customer Support, my Versa 2 lasts 7 days on one charge, so loosing a full battery in 1 day is not normal. Regards kuzibri 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Hi @JiuJitsuGirl , I would advice you to contact Customer Support, my Versa 2 lasts 7 days on one charge, so loosing a full battery in 1 day is not normal. Regards kuzibri 

Best Answer

@JiuJitsuGirl adding Fitbit through the Strava app connects the Strava account to the Fitbit account. 

Logging into the Strava App through the fitbit a count, connects the Strava app on the Versa 2 to the Starve account. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What did customer service say to fix your Fitbit???

Best Answer

my versa2 screen is blank from end of March bought it end Jan 2020 at Sportsmen’s The Glen was waiting for them to open. It is working but the screen is not please can you assist 

Best Answer
0 Votes

because of COVID-19, I did not know who to call 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ndeka I'm not sure what your saying. But if you tap in the top right, where your photo would be, the Fitbit support km will be in the slide out menu. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

need assistance my screen is just black cannot see anything 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please contact Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got my Fitbit Versa 2 yesterday the screen only worked for 3 hours. It went black. I am sending it back and getting an Apple! I was so excited to get it was so disappointed!

Best Answer
What a beautiful watch, but what I don’t understand is, why is Fitbit not
looking at this because it is expensive for WHAT??? I am taking mine back
on Tuesday
Best Answer
0 Votes

from what i can tell, just having had the versa 2 for a few days, is that it WILL NOT display ANY menus unless it is updated to the latest version...it will record data...it just won't let you look at it or use any menus, really a strange way technically to have a device perform

Best Answer
0 Votes

What? Having a SmartWATCH that can't even display time is an issue???

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know this post was a bit ago, but I'm having similar issues. My Versa 2 worked well for a few months, then stopped notifying of texts. It then stopped counting most of my stair climbs. At the moment, it's not notifying of texts and the stair climb count seems accurate, but I'm still very disappointed in the watch overall. It's too late to return mine, but, like others, this will be the model that makes me leave FitBit (after many years) and buy an Apple Watch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes