Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meaning of phone symbol with line on Versa 3

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My watch screen has a phone with line through in corner

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Beecam  and @ferniefoo and welcome to the Help forum.  You are seeing one of the Status Indicators, a feature just released with the Sense/Versa 3 firmware update.  That is the symbol that your phone is out of Bluetooth range.  There are other indicators.  You can see if your device is in DND or sleep mode, and if your battery is critically low.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

I got on the help chat - they told me it was part of the watch face I had chosen and because its not fitbits watch face they dont know anything about it.  Its not this as the symbol  pops up periodically.  Husband wondered if its to do with bluetooth if you are too far away from phone.  Has only started since i ran firmware update last week, very irritating.

Best Answer

Hello @Beecam  and @ferniefoo and welcome to the Help forum.  You are seeing one of the Status Indicators, a feature just released with the Sense/Versa 3 firmware update.  That is the symbol that your phone is out of Bluetooth range.  There are other indicators.  You can see if your device is in DND or sleep mode, and if your battery is critically low.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
It’s since update , same watch face I’ve always had.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Oh I see , thank you , that makes sense 😂😂

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

This often appears on my watch following the recent Versa 3 update.

In my case it's not that the watch is currently out of Bluetooth range, it has been next to the phone for a good while. I seems to be when the watch hasn't synced for some period of time. Opening the app and waiting for the automatic sync to complete clears the problem and the indicator stops showing up.

For me, showing this indicator because the app isn't synced is just a nuisance. It is an unnecessary distraction on the watch screen.

Best Answer

Same. I updated this morning and now everything I look at watch there ls a phone with a line through????. Is that something new. And I just got this versa . So it's the same face 

Is there any way to remove it?

Moderator edit: merged posts. 

Best Answer

I just came to this thread because I had the same symbol.  My phone was next to me, connect to blue tooth, watch fully charged and custom clock screen.  I was trying to figure it out, cleared two email alerts and it disappeared.  Hope that helps.

Best Answer

@ferniefoo   All Day Sync used to be an option on the Fitbit app.  Fitbit took that option away some time ago.  From my observation, my Fitbit syncs every 15 minutes or so.  I don't know why you are losing your Bluetooth connection and I don't have any advice.

I saw my icon when I was at one end of my house and my Fitbit was at the other.  My icon disappeared when I got closer to my phone.

You can remove the status indicators.  

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

@adonadi020 you can disable the status indicators, but it will affect all of them, not just the 'out of range / not syncd for a while' indicator.

Watch > Settings > Display > Status Indicators

Best Answer

I also noticed this symbol popping up since the last firmware update and I came to the same conclusion as your husband that it has to do with bluetooth and distance from your phone.

Best Answer

@James291 I disabled the status indicator function and this icon still shows up. Since the update my versa battery lasts 24h now. How is yours ?

Best Answer
Hi ,
Yes battery not lasting as long , lots of little issues since update ,
Best Answer

I'm sure there is a bug since the update. I've tried leaving my bluetooth off on my phone, switched off all notifications etc on the watch, and disabled the status indicators too. In spite of all that, the status symbol is still displayed 'phone out of range' meaning the watch is trying to connect presumably (and hence expending power) and running down the battery in 24h. Before updating it was lasting 4 - 5 days.

Best Answer

@scjsjo I haven't seen the status indicators since I disabled them. I'll let you know if they come back.

Best Answer

Agree with this. Its not telling me my Bluetooth is disconnected it appears only if it hasn't synced. If it were to tell me when the Bluetooth is disconnected, that would be helpful but otherwise a nuisance and waste of time. 

Best Answer

The link just sends to the Fitbit help overview page -- is there a specific article explaining each indicator and specifically this new "phone with line through it"?

Best Answer
I know , my watch never showed out of reach before , I often leave phone downstairs , but since update it’s always doing it , maybe apple is the way forward 😂😂

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I get this signal even when near the phone , at random

I have similar issues with Tesla Bluetooth detection.

I heard IOS15 is buggy with that... 

not sure

Best Answer

How come I'm getting that phone out of range symbol when my phone is 30cm away from my watch? I'm only ever getting it when the phone/watch are in DND/sleep mode. Then last night I had no clock face at all, I just wanted to know the time, turns out it was 4.15 am. However all that was on the display was a just a tiny moon in the top middle. I could swipe to all the other watches features, just had no clock face (with step count, HR, etc..) it was there when I went to sleep. I had to hard reboot my watch to fix the problem. However that phone out of range symbol remained despite my phone being right beside me. I've had nothing but trouble since that last firmware upgrade. Please can you tell your tech guys to do something and fix it PLEASE.

Best Answer
0 Votes