Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Canadian banks to be added to Fitbit pay?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does the Fitbit team have intentions of adding more Canadian bank payment options to the Fitbit pay? Having only RBC as an option seems very limiting to the Canadian consumers, and it's the reason that I'm on the fence about buying the Versa compared to other NFC-capable smart watches. Specifically, I'm interested in seeing TD, Scotia, and CIBC added soon!

-Alicia 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@alicialogic Hi, there!

We're definitely always working on adding more banks to Fitbit Pay. For the time being, it would be helpful if you voted for the existing Feature Suggestions for each bank you listed. I am going to list them out for you below so you can vote. If you have any other ideas, feel free to create a new suggestion! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
52 REPLIES 52

@alicialogic Hi, there!

We're definitely always working on adding more banks to Fitbit Pay. For the time being, it would be helpful if you voted for the existing Feature Suggestions for each bank you listed. I am going to list them out for you below so you can vote. If you have any other ideas, feel free to create a new suggestion! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Don't expect TD. That bank doesn't even support Google pay. Scotiabank and CIBC do so I have hope!

Best Answer

I would reach out to your bank too and let them know you want them to support it

?
Best Answer

Hi ,

Could you add BMO  ( Bank of Montreal) to your list of Canadian bank as soon as you do that I will purchase the new versa fitbit. 

Thank you

Best Answer

This is the reply I received from BMO: Hi! No immediate plans to support Fitbit Pay, but if it eventually gains the in-demand status of say, Apple Pay or Android Pay, it might be looked at in the future. ^TO

Best Answer

To be very honest this is quite a pissoff. If you look at the states, they have a long list of banks, credit cards and so on. Us Canadians have 2 on the list, and one of them is an Alberta bank. I bought the very expensive "special edition" versa for the tap and pay feature only to find out it doesn't work. You keep saying your working to add more banks, but are you? Like seriously, are you really? Because I've waited, we waited and there is still only 2 options for Canadians.

My case in particular is that I have 2 credit cards. One from capital one, which for some reason is accepted in the states but not Canada, and the second from Canadian tire. I can't get approved from rbc because you have to be royalty or something. They are the worst bank to approve people. So this leaves me with the Alberta bank. Fitbit, will you pay my air fare to go there and open an account? Didn't think so. 

So get off your asses and add more banks and stop just simply saying your working on it. That's not a good enough answer anymore. 

And lastly, this whole vote thing? What a joke... Just add all the freaking banks. It's not rocket science. People will buy your product if they see their bank on the list. As it looks right now your losing more customers by the day, and soon to be me too. 

Best Answer

Don't forget to vote for BMO (Bank of Montreal) too!

Best Answer

Add Desjardins to your list please !! Can’t wait to be able to use fitbit pay..

Best Answer

It’s quite disappointing to see there’re only 2 banks available for Canada. 

Please add Tangerine to the list. 

Best Answer

I think adding:

Capital One

&

Tangerine

to the list would be amazing!

Best Answer

Desjardins would be great for us in Québec. 🙂

Best Answer

It’s quite disappointing to see there’re only 2 banks available for Canada. 

Please add Tangerine to the list. 

Best Answer

I would like also Capital One(Mastercard) and Tangerine 

Best Answer

On the bright side, I can save a bit of money and not buy the special edition Charge 3. I'll just keep paying with my Apple Watch. 

Best Answer

When will I be able to use my debit card instead of credit card for RBC in Canada with my Fitbit pay

Best Answer

How long does a bank need to be voted for?

How many votes does it need?

This is a ridiculous issue that needs to be fixed. It has been almost a year. I'm thinking of returning my watch and going with an Apple watch that I know I can use this feature on

Best Answer

You will not get a refund if it's past the 45 days. Though some places may give you store credit. And don't bother calling fitbit directly if your past your 45 days because they will not issue you a refund either. 

Best Answer

I see you have already been through this. Thanks for the heads up

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, on top of battery issues and the most recent dead screen.

Best Answer