Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moto Z unable to sync with Versa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Bought my husband a versa for Christmas and we got it to sync once with his phone, a moto z, but it won’t stay connected on Bluetooth and now we can’t get it to sync at all. We’ve tried deleting the app, restarting both devices several times with no help. Any suggestions?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hello @nucmedjthom, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us, I would also like to thank you for letting us know the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. At this moment, I would like to suggest you the following:

I would like to suggest you to check the following:

• Make sure the latest version of the Fitbit app is installed on your phone.
  • The software on your mobile device is up to date. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around as they might interfere with the syncing process
  • Check that your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low.

If your device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. 
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your phone again.
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it one more time.
  7. If your Fitbit device won't sync after the restart, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync.
  8. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your mobile device and try to sync.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

This may or may not work outside of the normal "have you reset your devices" option. I spent some time today banging my head against my desk since my versa stopped syncing after about 5 months (noticed it hadn't synced since the 16th or some such). Go into your android settings and find "connected devices" or "pair new device" and look for a setting called "Previously connected devices". My versa had an entry there and i spent the entire morning trying to get the thing to sync or update the firmware with no success. (did the resets, removed device, couldn't get it to re-add device etc etc) Long story short, as i'm typing this the phone is downloading the 3.0 firmware without a hitch, and all is working well again. So go into "previously connected devices" and see if you have an entry for your fitbit device there (or possibly any previous fitbit device), if you do, hit "forget". With any luck, it should instantly start syncing etc when you restart your fitbit software at that point. Just posting this as i spent my entire morning scouring this forum without much luck as well, and didn't see anyone mentioning this approach and it was the only one that actually fixed my sync problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

*cough* And as i hit post, i noticed that marco's step above me (nr8 to be precise) actually mentions my solution too. Didn't see it earlier, but i can attest to it working at least Smiley Very Happy

Apologies marco, could have saved some typing by just going "look at option 8 above", just didn't see it in the previous posts i scoured this morning!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem, I got mine just before Christmas and haven't got it to sync yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

We tried all these steps. My husband even worked with a customer service rep from Fitbit to try and resolve and was basically told his phone is not on the list of compatible equipment. However after reading all the replies we tried your steps again and the pairing, unpairing. He found that he had to unpair it completely on his phone (for the gazillionith time), re-pair it, and make sure pair was selected on both the Fitbit and the phone. His phone still says that it is not “paired” to anything under his Bluetooth settings but in the Fitbit app it is syncing and everything is finally working. He’s getting his calls and texts on the Versa and all seems to be functioning normally. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My sync issues seemed to be resolved when I took my phone case off....

Best Answer
0 Votes