Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music sounds distorted for the first 7 to 10 minutes

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all I don't know if anyone else is having this problem...yet another problem with my versa

If I go out I put my music on after about ten steps it beeps loudly twice. Then for the next 7 to 10 mins the music is jumpy and distorted, then it plays perfect when it is nearly time to finish my walk, very annoying. 

Moderator edit: format and updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
35 REPLIES 35

Hello,

I tried resetting my Fitbit, turning it off and even unpairing/pairing my headphones again and nothing worked I don't know what to do to turn down my volume since it does not want to turn down, could you please help someone that already did what you told us. (I also reset my watch 4 times).

Best Answer

I tried the suggested fix and no change. I'm not trying to connect to headphones though, I'm trying to connect to a speaker, I'm also using my own playlist rather than Pandora/Deezer. The speaker is not connected to my phone and I've already disconnected it from the Versa and reconnected - still no change

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any further suggestions?  My husband gifted me a new Versa for Mother's Day, I chose the Versa for it's ability to play music and all I get from it is highly distorted music that's unbearable. I've already tried the "solution" multiple times.  

Best Answer

Hi. I tried rebooting Versa 2 twice and un-pairing the phones twice, without and improvement in the sound quality. What can we do now?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@HeydyF 

Please just be honest and straight and admit this is an issue with the Fitbit

I have now tried mine on 8 separate Bluetooth headsets, ranging in price £170, £110, £70, £50, £50, £40, £25 and £10 and it happens in each case

I've factory reset, rebooted, unpaired, re-paired etc but the problem persists

Don't blame other apps (I have none) or space (it's the same if I only have 2 tracks)  or the tracks (sometimes they play fine)  or how I wear the Fitbit (on my arm) or how I move (it happens even if I'm sitting on the couch)

Put the blame where it lies - Fitbit Bluetooth is not fit for purpose

Best Answer
Hi Kitty.

I do agree with what you said and there is an obvious issue with headsets
funcionallity. Hopefully in the not to distant future Fitbit will sort this
problem out with an firmware update. But to be honest, I'm not to bothered
about the headphone problem, as I'm finding the benefit of being able to
use the watch to store lots of music and connect quite easily to Bluetooth
speakers around the home or any where else for that matter, really useful,
and I find use this feature a lot. Overall, I am finding the watch a useful
device and am very pleased with the purchase.#

Steve
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. Have you tried to switch off Bluetooth on your phone temporarily and then try to pairing your smart speaker. It worked for me!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. 

My new Versa was registering my sleep but all of a sudden stopped doing it. I tightened it, moved it higher but nothing.

So I just restarted it as you suggested and now I will go to my app and check my sleeping mode.

I will keep you updated!

Thank you for your ideas!

Carolyn

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ran through all these steps and now my versa won't connect to my Galaxy earbuds. What am I doing wrong? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sound may have to be turned up or down via your earbuds/headphones.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This did not work for me.  Done several times and music still bad

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve only bought my versa2 yesterday and instantly regretted it when my usual earphones distorted the music I was trying to play, then searched the net and realised its a common issue.

I was about to embark on the search for ones that would work, when I remembered I had some older ones in a drawer. They work great, so if this can help anyone, here goes:

Bluetooth Headphones, Wireless Headphones TaoTronics IPX7 Waterproof Bluetooth 5.0 Sports Earbuds wi...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did not even work. WHY!?!?!?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing the same thing! I’ve rebooted, re-installed and everything else it said to do and my music is still sped up and spotty! It is pi$$ing me off too! I paid too much money for this crap to happen! 

Best Answer

They keep pushing me to buy the sense. Why would I buy the sense when I spent a fortune on the versa and it didn't even do the job I bought it for, that it lists as one of it's main features

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem.  It was the main reason I bought the Versa instead of sticking with the Inspire.  I've rebooted everything.  My Bluetooth headset works fine with my phone, my Kindle, and my Bluetooth speaker.  I came here to see if there was an answer and am dismayed to see this is a problem going back years!

Best Answer