Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Cardio Fitness score is not constant, but an interval (43-47). Why?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Cardio Fitness score is not constant, but an interval (43-47). Why? I'm 66 years old 103 kg 178 cm tall. I walk 10 km a day in the apartment and 10km outdoors. I don't always use GPS. Maybe that's the reason?2019-01-09_152038.jpg

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Laszlo52  Your cardio fitness score is reported as a range, unless you do a minimum of a 10 minute GPS tracked run -- using Run on the Exercise app.  Then you will get a single number.  The more GPS runs you do, the more refined your VO2 max estimate will be.

@SunsetRunner  has given an excellent link to the Help article you need, but you can get a single number, not just a range.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi, as long as I use Fitbit watches, it always gives a certain interval as the Fitness score is based on many factors, like f.i. resting HR, ec. Mine says 57-61. Read this artical about Cardiac Fitness Score 

Best Answer

@Laszlo52  Your cardio fitness score is reported as a range, unless you do a minimum of a 10 minute GPS tracked run -- using Run on the Exercise app.  Then you will get a single number.  The more GPS runs you do, the more refined your VO2 max estimate will be.

@SunsetRunner  has given an excellent link to the Help article you need, but you can get a single number, not just a range.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do a 30 to 45 minute run twice a week using the Run tracker GPS on my phone app. However my vo Max score just changed to arrange 49 to 53 whereas before it was a single number and had climbed up the 51. I want it to be a number and I don't know how to make it go back. From what this post says I should have it be a single number because I do the required number of GPS track runs. Please help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Cksawyer , if I understand correctly, you're using the phone app and not the watch to track runs? If you want a single digit Fitness score, you'd have to start the run from the watch and use connected GPS. The phone has no way of seeing your heart rate. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes. I can make that switch (however, when using the device, I don't get the voice performance prompts at each 1/2 mile - any idea how to do this?)

But more, the fact is that I have never used the device to track and only the phone app, but until 3 days ago, I have been getting a single number all along. It suddenly switched to range with know identifiable change behind it.

Best Answer
0 Votes