Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Fitbit (Vera 2) is bricked out of the box.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I haven't called yet but I got my Versa 2 Oct. 8th and it's bricked. I reset it, I turned off and restarted my Bluetooth, and tried everything else but nothing works. I already have a Versa and made sure it was disconnected and tried again...nothing. It still looks the same as it did when I unboxed it. It came to life twice, and when I put in the number on the screen nothing happened. I did this twice and it went back to the original screen instead of continuing. I messed with it for 2 days now and I want to see what somebody has to say here before I return it for the brick that it is.

My phone is a Galaxy S10+ but has no problems with my old Versa.

One time it showed up on the Fitbit app but while doing this wouldn't sync or show up in Bluetooth. Therefore, I couldn't update it or do anything with it especially when I looked at the bracelet itself only to see it was on the same brick screen I opened the box to. Without that working, nothing is going to work!!!

I am attaching a photo of the screen it came out of the box showing and the screen that now won't work for anything. It's at about 65% but won't charge anymore even though I left it plugged in for a day!

Hope to hear something soon I searched the community and didn't see much about it.20191008_144654.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Your phone is not on the list of Approved Devices.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Capriciouspoet 

Have you tried this?

FitBit app Settings - select Versa scroll down & select Remove this Versa. 

Then go Bluetooth settings & manually 'unpair' Versa.

Completely uninstall the FitBit app. 

Shut down 'not restart' your phone.

Put Versa on charge.

Turn phone on.

Reinstall FitBit app. 

Go settings  + Set up a device

Follow on screen prompts.

Contact support if you need further guidance or help https://help.fitbit.com/?l=en_US&cu=1&fs=ContactUs

Current compatibility list:

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2315

Samsung Galaxy S10+ is showing in this compatibility list.

Samsung
Galaxy S10Galaxy S8Galaxy Note 5
Galaxy S10+Galaxy A8Galaxy J3
Galaxy S10eGalaxy S7 EdgeGalaxy A6
Galaxy S9+Galaxy S7Galaxy Note 9
Galaxy S9Galaxy S6 Edge 
Galaxy S8+Galaxy S6 

Blaze, Surge, Ionic and Versa1. I am not a FitBit employee.
Best Answer

Thank you I'll try that. I already did most of it but it's worth a try using your instructions. Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's not true. My Galaxy S10+ is on the list.

Best Answer
0 Votes