Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Versa 2 is counting more steps than I have actually done

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My versa 2 is counting alot more steps than I have actually done has anyone else had this problem?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Jennagregg.

Thank you for the information provided.

When working at a desk, cooking, or performing other activities with arm movements, your Fitbit Versa 2 may add some steps. For most customers, the number of extra steps added by arm-based movement isn’t significant when compared to your overall stats.

The dominant wrist setting decreases the sensitivity of step counting and should reduce any over counting of steps when your body is not moving. Your dominant hand is the one you use for writing and eating. You can find this feature in the online Dashboard at fitbit.com > Settings > Versa 2 > Wrist. Please make sure to sync your watch everytime you make any change to your Fitbit account.

If necessary, you can negate the extra data by manually logging a driving activity. For instructions, please visit this article, open the menu "How do I delete steps and floors in the Fitbit app?" and follow the instructions.

Hope this helps.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes