Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Versa 2 is not tracking my heart-rate accurately

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My resting heart rate reading has rocketed in the last two weeks (an increase of around 10bpm) I am not unwell, nor under any stress.

I really don’t feel that the readings are accurate, just now I was doing a hiit workout for 20 minutes, my heart rate was 120bpm or so, during the workout (with strenuous movements such as burpees, high knees etc) my heart rate then plummeted to 68bpm, despite my resting heart rate reading for today being 72bpm. I will check my device regularly and I will be sat calmly and it reads in the 100s, when I test myself and that’s not my actual rate. Yet when I’m moving about etc it will at times appear much lower. I have read the articles about a reset, moisture, tightness and placement on the arm. I have tried all of these and none help whatsoever, this is really disappointing as I’ve only had this a year (I had it previously and had to get it replaced due to a defect).

I’ve read a lot of articles about many people having issues with the Versa 2, is there something you will do to address this?

also the way for customers to seek help now is really not user friendly, multiple pages that link back to the previous page you’ve just read and so forth, very frustrating 😞

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Versa2Heartrate.

Thank you for the information provided and for trying to resolve the issue with your Fitbit Versa 2 before contacting us.

I noticed that you've contacted Customer Support. I just updated them to provide assistance to your case as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience while dealing with this situation.

See you around.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Getting the same. Been seeing my RHR steadily climbing over the past week and a half/2 weeks with no real changes in lifestyle other than I'm actually working out more than I was. It seemed to start happening when I activated health metrics.

It also doesn't seem to really "register" low heart rate, as I can sit there and see that my HR is in the 50's, but when I check the graph later it'll read mid 60's. It's really frustrating and at this point I know I SHOULD just ignore fitbit's RHR metric as it's completely and entirely useless with how broken it is, it's really hard not to check when you open the app

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah it’s crazily frustrating! Just checked my heart rate myself again, currently 65bpm, my Fitbit reading? 81bpm!! I get very curious with my resting heart rate and have taken a lot

of steps to get it down, for the last 3 weeks now it’s consistently stayed up in the 70s (71/72) (around 10 or so higher than my usual!) with no significant changes having taken place like you yourself say! Working at home but cycling daily to and fro and working out in CrossFit classes outdoors, doing beach walks, meditating, you name it I do it yet fitbit seems to consistently say otherwise these last weeks 😕 the worrying thing is how the heart rate appears high when I’m resting and then when I’m actually working out it sometimes appears really low! Hoping to have a solution of some sort soon!

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @JPRPR.

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you experienced with your Fitbit Versa 2.

The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Please click here to get connected. 

@Versa2Heartrate, I'm pretty sure Customer Support will do their best to provide a high level of support as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience while dealing with this situation.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This exact thing is happen to me, as well, and it is so frustrating!  For the last 6 months or so, my Resting Heart Rate went from my "normal" around 60 to now it's been in the 80s.  Also, it is not detected elevated heart rate during exercise.  I take my HR periodically now and it does not match.  I walked up a big hill a couple weeks back, and was clearly winded and my heart racing when I got to the top, but my Fitbit only registered my HR at like 100-105.  There is absolutely no way this was accurate.  This is my second Versa 2, my first was replaced within a few months because the touch screen stopped working.  Now I'm definitely outside of the original warranty, so unable to get any money back, and I am incredibly frustrated at how bad this tracker actually is.  I previously had a Charge 2, but smashed the screen so I needed a replacement.  The Charge 2 was much better at tracking than this Versa 2.  Very disappointing especially since the Versas are more expensive.  I've tried doing all the resets and recommendations found on other posts like this, and none have helped.  I am shopping for a new tracker that will actually work for what I need it to do.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @VetMom3.

Our team is constantly working to improve our products and services. Your feedback is highly appreciated.

If you have any question, please let us know.

Best Answer
0 Votes