Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Versa is locked

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I have an old Versa that I am trying to reinstall as I have left my new Versa at a friends house 5 hours away. The old Versa won't install as it says 'use phone to unlock'. I can't use the phone to unlock it as the app doesn't recognize the device because it won't let the app send me a pairing code.

Can anyone one help? I have tried the three button factory reset but I can't get that to work at all. Any help would be amazing.

Thanks

Mandy

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

I am having this issue right this minute too, eagerly waiting your replies.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. I have flagged a moderator to come and help you

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys, thanks for your participation in the Community and for the input @NellyG.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this lock issue. @Bellaboos@amyc7107 and @AmandaJx, if you are experiencing this, I recommend taking a look at the help article: How do I unlock my Fitbit device with my phone? and follow the instructions provided there.

If you have an old Fitbit paired to your account and want to setup a new once, you need to delete the previous watch and pair the new one. For this, follow the steps in the article: How do I set up my Fitbit device?.

Let me know how it goes. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

The versa I am trying to unlock was set up to my phone. I have tried to open it with my phone. I tried to pair it with my phone and it won’t show me the 4 digit code. It says I need to unlock it with my phone. I have tried to factory reset it and it won’t. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same, I just keep going around in circles.  I need the pin,  can't get the pin,  need to unlock issuing phone,  can't cos I need a pin.  It is rubbish!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the updates @amyc7107 @Bellaboos.

We appreciate the time you've spent while trying to unlock your Fitbit Versa. To provide further assistance, I created a case for each one of you with Customer Support. Please check your inbox on the next days. They will do their best to provide a high level of support as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

If you have any question, please don't hesitate to contact us back at any time.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer

The information /solution I am getting from the email support is just the same as what has been posted previously, and I am still experiencing the same issue.

The fitbit is paired,  the 3 button factory reset won't work,  and I can't unpair and pair because I can't access the code as the fitbit is locked to pair it again.

Is it possible to claim under warranty? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes it is. They reached out to me after my post and did offer a replacement since it was under warranty still.
Best Answer

@Bellaboos Thanks for the update. Sorry for the delayed response.

On this case, I would recommend updating Customer Support to obtain further assistance. I'm pretty sure they will be happy to find a way to get you back on track.

@amyc7107 I'm glad to hear that you will receive a replacement. Thank you for letting us know.

Feel free to visit the Community at any time.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Best Answer
0 Votes

In order for the factory reset to occur the device logo needs to be available. As the reinstall failed the versa won’t produce a 4d code to sync with the phone. Therefore this factory reset can’t work. Any other suggestions? Cheers

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AggieM Welcome to the Fitbit Community.

Thanks for trying to resolve the issue before contacting us.

I sent this information to our team to evaluate your case. Please check your inbox on the next days. They will let you know how to proceed.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Best Answer
0 Votes