Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Versa keeps shutting itself off

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve noticed on several occasions that my watch goes “black” and doesn’t respond until I press the three buttons. It will work for a while the it will do it again. I’m getting very frustrated with having to restart my watch several times a week. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks in advance...

Best Answer
62 REPLIES 62

Apparently I’m late to this party. I just got my Versa for Christmas, so I’ve only had it for just over 3 months. I too am now having this same issue where my device will shut off by itself. 

Let me get ahead of the questions, no it’s not timing out. It is shutting down and rebooting on its own. 

I will randomly feel a vibration and it’s completely turned off with a full charge. Or I’ll randomly feel a vibration look down and the Fitbit logo and boot screen will be showing. 

This has been doing this for about 2 weeks now at random and has been happening more frequently recently. I am highly disappointed that this is happening when as I said this is brand new out of the box just 3 months ago. 

I do hope Fitbit stands behind their product. Prior to this happening I was very happy with this watch, I was about to get one for my wife. I’m glad I didn’t spend the money yet. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It appears Fitbit stands behind their products as numerous others have gotten replacements. Mine was doing that too killing the battery in a day. The screen wouldn’t respond to swiping etc...no reset or otherwise will fix it. I’d just go ahead and call their customer service. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey Fitbit were really good they sent me out a replacement straight away ! Defo phonethdm and sort it out now x

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve been having the same issue. I did a factory reset, and it happened again shortly after.

Best Answer

I had the same problem and Aldo did the factory reset and it was still doing the same. I contacted Fitbit, they told me because my watch was purchased over a year it’s not within the warranty, so they offer me a 25% off  on any of their Fitbit. Which I refused because who know what will happen to another. My watch was just over the a year, it was in the 13 months. I personally will not purchase another one, I have read too my complaints about Fitbit’s. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Contact Fitbit and they will run through the same thing you have done - but they sent me a new one!

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I did contact them, but because my watch is 13 months old they told me their warranty is only for 12 months and all they offer me was a coupon for 25% off any Fitbit purchase. 

Ivy.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you find any solution for this problem? If yes, then please let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey I never fixed this but I contacted Fitbit about 5+ times in the one day and humoured them with switching it off and on and stuff and they ended up sending me a new face - I think by the last phone call they could tell I was frustrated! It was over a year old so defo worth a call! This looks like it happens all the time! Good luck 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes. Fitbit replaced the watch unit.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I contacted Fitbit customer service after trying everything to get it working again. They sent me a new watch face (no wristband) and it’s been fine. I’ll see when one year comes up in the replacement. I hope it’s still working because I really do like it!Good luck! 

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

How did you get a new watch? My watch turns off every 2 hours now even though it is fully charged. I got my watch in August of 2019 so not that old. I have restarted it several times and need to see what Fitbit will do about it. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
You have to contact Fitbit they will make you restart it a few times and just tell them it’s not working and they will send you out a new face!

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
After several emails back and forth and Fitbit checked online what my watch was doing, they eventually sent me a new watch unit.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone.

Let me help you with your unresponsive Versa and thank you for the ones who already troubleshooted this issue. 

@Hathaway99 @BlessedNana5 I noticed that you already have a ticket with them so keep working with the team to find a solution. Remember that they will check your warranty status and you can read more about this here.

@Gayleb23 @ChrisJ19 @Tess1964 happy to hear that our Support team were able to help you with your device.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, it’s nearing a year since I received my replacement watch head, and have not had the same problem as before; but the battery is starting to drain very quickly. This seemed to happen after the last update. I’d like to add the new features, but I think that’s what’s draining the watch. What’s the point of all these new features if you can’t wear your watch when you want to? For example, the sleep tracker and fitness features are why I bought the watch. I can’t use the sleep tracker if I have to charge it overnight. 😕

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you I was considering doing that but was unsure if apple had an app
that is compatible with Android.
Best Answer
0 Votes

No, not compatible with android. The versa line seems to have the most issues. I had a charge 2 prior that lasted about 18 months with not a problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had the same problem. I factory reset it multiple times. It will have a full charge then just shut off. At this stage of the game I'd be happy if it just functioned as a basic watch. I bought over half a dozen bands for this thing.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Seems to be a common fault with these. After a lot of angry emails to Fitbit, they finally sent out a new one. Then that one just fell out of it’s casing one day as I was using that hand to open a door! So now I’m on my 2nd replacement. Wouldn’t ever buy another Fitbit again.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes