Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Versa stopped working after swimming

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got my versa about this time last year and have had no issues with it at all. I take it off to shower though I know it can get wet. Today I went swimming and my fully charged versa showed that the battery was dead and the screen went black. I didn’t go deep in the water or have my hands submerged. I mostly waded so it probably got splashed of water at best. I have it sitting in rice right now but it has been hours and it still won’t turn on. What can I do? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hi there @LexxiJade21, welcome to the Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear what happened to your Versa after swimming. Thanks for the details provided in your post. 

I've seen that you contacted our Support Team after posting here and saw they helped you to get back on track. 

Please do not hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we may do for you. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

This happened to me this weekend also. I will have my versa a year in July and havent had any issues. I have showered and swam with it before and no problems at all. That night the battery died. I charged it, put it on in the am worked. Someone asked me the time I told them and about half hour later they asked again and the watch was dead. Black screen and nothing will get it back on. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there @Angpang9, welcome to the Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear that your Versa stopped working this weekend. Thanks for the details provided in your post. 

If you haven't done so yet, I'd recommend trying the steps below:

• Clean the charging contacts on the back of your device and the pins on your charging cable using the instructions in How do I clean my Fitbit device?
  • If the error "insufficient power source" appears on your device's screen, remove other devices plugged in to your power source, or plug your device in to another source.
  • Try a different USB port or a UL-certified wall charger.
  • Check the alignment and try reconnecting your device to the charging cable. For more information, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  • Restart your Fitbit once again. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?

Let me know if the issue persists. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

None of that is helping. I still can't get it to turn on. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there @Angpang9, thanks for getting back. I appreciate you've taken the time to follow the tips and recommendations I provided. Since none of the steps you tried have worked, I've created a case to get you in contact with our Support Team about this. They will be able to work with you and review your options. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this Fitbit account. Someone will be in contact with you as soon as possible since our support options are limited and wait times are longer than usual.

I'll be around if you have any questions present.

Best Answer

I have the same issues, exhausted all attempts to get it turned on

Best Answer
0 Votes