Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Versa tracked several steps when I left it close to a fan

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just received my fitbit versa and am very new at this. I had my fan on last night and when I woke up this morning I had like 600 steps. Can I delete these and start over? Thanks for your help.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

I just received my fitbit versa and am very new at this. I had my fan on last night and when I woke up this morning I had like 600 steps. Can I delete these and start over? Thanks for your help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @NP1982

I've merged both of your threads so that I can answer your question in one place to avoid confusion.

As far as I know (from personal experience) the steps can't be removed from your account because they are phantom steps. They appear on the tracker, but don't seem to sync over to the fitbit server.

You can try deleting them by going into the fitbit app on your phone - tap on the exercise tile - stop watch in the very top right hand corner - log previous - type driving where it says exercise type. Now you will need to set the time from where you want the steps to start being removed and also the duration. Once you've set that, tap the pink log it button. This should remove the steps from your account, but like I said from my experience from a similar incident, the steps didn't really exist and didn't effect distance or calorie burn. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you are able to see these steps in your days log, you can mark the time the steps where recorded as driving.

I'm assuming the Versa was not on the arm song a fan was mentioned.

How do I edit or delete Fitbit data and activities?

Learn how to delete steps, floors, profile data, greetings, and weight logs
Best Answer