Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help to factory reset a Versa 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought a 2nd hand versa but it's stuck on demo mode. Any way to hard reset this? Looked everywhere and can't find any articles on the Versa 2. Thanks in advance. 

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

I bought a 2nd hand versa 2 but it's stuck on demo mode. Any way to hard reset this? Looked everywhere and can't find any articles on the Versa 2. Thanks in advance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Hba1021  Versa or Versa 2? The Versa 2 was just released.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Versa 2. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

All things Versa 2, including the owner manual can be found here - click to go there

Best Answer
0 Votes

There are no instructions on how to factory reset the Versa 2. It was only for the Charge. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you tried a restart?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes but it goes right back to demo mode. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where did you buy it? Was this a store demo model? Second hand so early in a release of a device seems unusual.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought it from a seller from the app Offer up. They disclosed that it was on demo mode but I figured I could get it reset since he was selling it so cheap. Guessing I shouldn't have lol

Best Answer
0 Votes

I notified a moderator about this and they should be by to assist you. That's the problem with buying it from places like that - there is no warranty. I can't see someone owning and then selling a new Versa 2 so quickly. Hope you can get this resolved. Guess these apps don't give you the assurance of returning something?

Best Answer

Hi @Odyssey13 , nice to see you back! Thanks for informing us about this thread!

Hey @Hba1021 , a warm welcome to the Community! Thank you for trying to solve this situation by yourself and performing the restart

Could you please describe what you see on the display of the Versa 2? Do you see the Fitbit logo?

Any message?

Could you please attach some pictures on your reply, so that we can proceed and indicate you the proper steps to follow?

To perform the factory reset please do as follows.:

1. Hold the back button for about 8 seconds. 
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears:
    1. Release the button briefly (for less than 2 seconds). 
    2. Hold the button again until you feel a second, longer vibration, which indicates they initiated the factory reset. 

I'll be expecting your reply. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer

@Hba1021  and @JuanFitbit  in searching the forums, I saw two threads on the "demo mode" problem. One person didn't return, but one did post back in April of this year. They said their Versa was unusable and had to be returned - click to read

Best Answer

@Odyssey13 ,  thanks for sharing this information. 

@Hba1021 , if the factory reset does not solve your situation. I'll recommend as Odyssey132 stated, to contact the seller back and request a refund. 

Please keep me posted. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You have two days to contact the seller! Buyer protection at Offer Up - click

Best Answer

Factory reset was a success. I was able to update and sync the Versa 2. Thank you both for all your help!

Best Answer

@Hba1021  your patience was rewarded.Now you can start stepping!

Best Answer

In watch swipe to settings, scroll down to about, tap on about, scroll down to factory reset.

Best Answer

Hello. It was stuck on demo mode. So I had to perform a factory reset on it and then sync it again to my phone. Worked great. Thanks!

Best Answer

After updating to 71.6.0 and doing a factory reset my Versa 2 Crashed and is stuck on the Red X symbol with message “Data not cleared, Sync & try again”. No matter how I tried to long press the left button for several times it just returns to this Red X symbol and message. Is there any other way out of this?

Best Answer
0 Votes