Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Versa 2 does not record correct resting heartbeat

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have just taken delivery of my new shiny FitBit Versa 2. Already disappointed.

It does not record my correct resting heartbeat, which I know to be in the range 42-48, because of the medication I am on.

The Versa 2 is recording in the region 92-108!  More than double. I slow charged it from my iMac. Then as per community guidelines reset it. Cleaned the contacts tightened the strap

Still not correct. 

Any ideas tips? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community @johncockrem.

Thanks for the information provided and for trying to resolve the issue with your Fitbit Versa 2 before contacting us.

Two or three days after setting up your new watch, you should receive a notification to update to the most recent firmware version (35.72.1.9).

Whether you continue experiencing the same problem, please visit this article, open the menu "What are some other tips to resolve heart-rate tracking issues?" and follow the instructions. For information about how resting heart rate is registered by your Versa 2, please visit this site.

If the above doesn't help, you can customize your Max Heart Rate. Please visit the online Dashboard at fitbit.com > click the gear icon in the upper right corner > Settings > Personal info > Heart Rate Zones > Max Heart Rate and enter your information. Please don't forget to sync your watch after making any change to your Fitbit account.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

After the first couple of days it now seems to have settled down and records heart rate a lot closer to what i would have expected.  Thanks.

The Firmware was updated to the latest one witrhin minutes of my first turning it on.

Best Answer

Thanks for the update @johncockrem.

I'm glad to hear that your Fitbit Versa 2 is providing more accurate heart rate readings now.

On another note, you are welcome to visit the Health & Wellness board to talk with other members about health and fitness.

Feel free to contact us back at any time.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes