Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Versa 3 won't track sleep data

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi! I have just swapped from  charge 2 to versa 3 and my sleep log hasn't been recorded automatically.   I have had to manually put in my start and stop sleep times.  How can change this to automatically logging my sleep?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @Missnikij, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for sharing the details about the issue with your Versa 3.

Since you just bought the Versa 3, give the RHR a few days to settle down. It does some calculations, looking at heart rate throughout the day and while you are sleeping, so it might just not have enough data to give a reasonable value yet.

In addition to that, I recommend considering the following in order to get sleep stages:

• If you slept in a position that prevented your device from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your device higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight.
  • If you used the Begin Sleep Now option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your device to bed). For more information on automatic sleep tracking, see How do I track my sleep with my Fitbit device?
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours.
  • If your device’s battery is critically low.

For more information, see What should I know about Fitbit sleep stages?

Hope that helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there @Missnikij, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for sharing the details about the issue with your Versa 3.

Since you just bought the Versa 3, give the RHR a few days to settle down. It does some calculations, looking at heart rate throughout the day and while you are sleeping, so it might just not have enough data to give a reasonable value yet.

In addition to that, I recommend considering the following in order to get sleep stages:

• If you slept in a position that prevented your device from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your device higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight.
  • If you used the Begin Sleep Now option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your device to bed). For more information on automatic sleep tracking, see How do I track my sleep with my Fitbit device?
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours.
  • If your device’s battery is critically low.

For more information, see What should I know about Fitbit sleep stages?

Hope that helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried all that on my versa 3 and it still doesn't register any sleep at all.. It didn't do it with the versa too either.. Thought updating to the verse of 3 would fix the problem but it doesn't. Very frustrated think I'll have to switch to garmin garmin or a Google smartwatch which I really don't wanna do but OK you leave me no choice

Best Answer

Same exact for me. It's one of the main reasons i system with this brand is cause how will the charge hr2 was so good at this

Best Answer
0 Votes