Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Versa received full text and then stopped

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just got Versa today. Set it up. Received text notification and first text in full from phone to Versa. Next text, received notification and when I choose to open on the Versa, no message shows and it deletes the message notification on the phone. I have a Samsung Note 8. I may have to return device if this function can't continue to work. It worked then stopped. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Pinkboxer Yes. That's why I asked if you could read the messages in the Notification Bar/Centre... If you cannot, it means it's hidden and you need to change the setting. Versa will forward only what it can see in the Notification Centre (assuming you gave it the permission to do so). I'm glad it works now! 👍

@Txusmale Please change type of the notification from pop up to push notification in the notification centre. What messaging app are you using. It's always good to stick to native app or Google Messages.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
38 REPLIES 38

@Pinkboxer does it happen only for text messages or other messaging apps (e.g. whatsapp, fb messenger, etc.) as well?

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem. I can't reply. On versa and charge 3!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Txusmale Are you on Note as well? Also, again does it happen for other notifications, too?

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

No. I am on a LG v20. Txt notifications is all i really use.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Txusmale so, you receive a text notification on your versa, but cannot read it on the tracker? My advice would be to first make sure it's not related to the messaging app you're using. It would be good if you could add notification for some other messaging apps and test quick replies with them. Hangouts? whatsapp? Alternatively, you can switch text messaging app from LG native one to something different like Google Messages and see if that works. Make sure to change the messaging app to Google Messages in your Versa's notification settings (in the Fitbit mobile app) as well.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried several differant messaging apps. All do the samething. It works when it wants to not all the time. Lime it worked this morning, did not work later. Worked tbis afternoon does not not work now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Txusmale Do you get any error message on Versa? What I find weird is that you receive a notification, sometimes you can quick reply, and other you can't. Normally, if reply cannot be sent, there's an error message. I do not see V20 on the compatible devices list, but there's V10... I am not sure what differences in Bluetooth protocol there are between these two.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

No error msg. My wife's charge 3 is connected to her v10 and same thing on hers. All we get it open or clear.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Txusmale Normally, if that's all one can see, it means the apps do not support quick replies. But you mentioned that it worked before. You can try several options at this point: 

1. you can try toggling the notifications OFF/ON in the fitbit mobile app with the reboot of the phone in between
  2. you can try rebooting your tracker several times in a row by pressing and holding the left and bottom right buttons until Fitbit logo flashes
  3. the last resort is performing factory reset. this will wipe all data from your tracker, so you will need to sync it before. Also, you will need to delete Versa from your Fitbit account (in the Fitbit mobile app) as well as from Paired Devices list in your phone's Bluetooth settings. After factory reset you will have to set up Versa again by adding it as a new device in the Fitbit mobile app. To perform factory reset, open Settings app on your tracker, scroll down to About and then tap on Factory reset. Factory reset will force a firmware upgrade to the latest version which is currently .24. 

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

My versa version is 32.32.12.19

It upgraded when i linked it 5 days ago. I have tried the reboot of the phone and the versa. I have turned of notifications reboot and turned back on. I believe thete is a glitch in the fitbit software.  I just recieved a txt from my grandson telli g me the cowboys won and i could reply to him. Then had my wife txt me and again.......can't reply.

Best Answer

@Txusmale hmmmm this may be as well... I would recommend downgrading fitbit mobile app to version 2.74.2. This is the most stable build for me. You will need to find it on the internet though as Fitbit does not store previous versions as apk files.

ETA: .24 has been just released.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes
Just text through the default msg app on the note. I didnt allow any of my other apps to come to the Versa.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note8, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just downloaded 2.74.2 fitbit app. When you say .24 just released. And i have 32.32.12.19 isn't my version newer? Or is it version 32.32.13.24 that was released. And if so, how do perform a upgrade? Thanks for your jelp 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Txusmale No .19 is a version before .24. See here. If you haven't received a notification in the fitbit mobile app, the only way is by performing factory reset... I knew you would love that idea...

ETA: Test everything with fibit mobile app 2.74.2 first. You will need to uninstall the other version of the app first.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes
Upon initial set up of the Versa the first text I received, the notification and the message itself came through to the Versa and I could read it. The next text I received I only got the notification of the text on the Versa. I was given options to open, clear, reply. When I hit open, nothing is there but it opens the message on my phone. They are clearly communicating but weirdly. Also, I do notice under the bluetooth connection nothing is listed. Most things that you pair will show what the product allows like calls and text. My Versa shows nothing. As if nothing is allowed. I have all my setting set to allow notifications from the fitbit to my phone and vice versa. 

Best Answer
I am not receiving any error msgs.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just text as I only have text and phone allowable for the Fitbit Versa

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Pinkboxer when you tap open it will open the message on your phone and automatically clear notification both on Versa and from your phone's Notification Center. This is a normal behaviour. So is seeing buttons Open, Reply, etc. Also, it is normal not to see anything listed under Versa in bluetooth settings, at least in my case. I would like to confirm a few things:

1. on your Versa, you cannot see the sender of the message nor the wireless provider, etc
  2. you can use quick replies
  3. you can see the sender, body of the message as a push notification in the notification bar on your phone
  4. the notifications on your phone for the text messaging app are set to high priority (in your Android Settings)
  5. you have tried rebooting Versa several times as well as your phone
  6. what is the text messaging app that you are using.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

Ok. Gotcha. I just check and i do not have a update icon yet. I will try the 2.74.2 version of the app tomorrow before i do a factory reset (i hate those). I'll let you know what happends.

Thanks again for your help!!!!

Best Answer