Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Versa received full text and then stopped

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just got Versa today. Set it up. Received text notification and first text in full from phone to Versa. Next text, received notification and when I choose to open on the Versa, no message shows and it deletes the message notification on the phone. I have a Samsung Note 8. I may have to return device if this function can't continue to work. It worked then stopped. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
38 REPLIES 38
No I cant see the sender of the text msg and I never get a chance to reply. When I did get a full readable text it let me read it but not reply. Next time I get a text notification, no msg, just option to open, reply or clear and when I hit open I see nothing on the versa but on my phone it clears my msg notification and opens the msg there. When I get a call it does show me the contact name of who is calling me. Yes, under bluetooth setting it doesnr show that the versa connected can allow calls or text. 

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note8, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Pinkboxer You cannot tap Open. It does not open a notification on Versa but phone. It will clear notification from your Versa as a result. What about points 3-6? Have you tried rebooting your tracker? Have you tested other text messaging app? You could install Google Messages and test if it works any better.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have rebooted my tracker 5 times and my phone 3 times. I have not tried another texting app but I will and let you know how that works out. Thank you for you assistance

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Marrrmaduke ok. I have tried downgrading and factory reset on 2.74.2. Still nothing. Did another factory reset, unistalled app, rebooted., re installed app. (After each step i rebooted my phone) it did work fir 1 message so i thought it was working. Then tried again to verify..........back to nothing. All i get is open or clear. When i tap open, it opens the messaging app on my phone. It's gotta be OS glitch on tbe watch and in the app!

Best Answer

Update...I got it to work under my default text messaging app. I didn't have to use another one. So it appears that bcus my msg settings are set to private/hidden on my phone, it was also hidden on the watch so I went into my phone message app settings and selected allow preview of message on screen and I am now receiving them on the Versa. Something just wasnt making sense. So yes, if you have everything set to hidden, or private those items will not show on the watch either, mimicking your phone. Thank you. 

Best Answer

Thanks. I just checked my setting and nothing is set to private/hidden. It is set to pop-up. I am still not getting on my versa or charge 3.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry that didnt help you. I also installed and reinstalled the fitbit app before trying my msg privacy settings. I was trying everything. Hope yours gets resolved soon.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note8, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks. I think it some kinda glitch. I have done everything you have including factory reset.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Pinkboxer Yes. That's why I asked if you could read the messages in the Notification Bar/Centre... If you cannot, it means it's hidden and you need to change the setting. Versa will forward only what it can see in the Notification Centre (assuming you gave it the permission to do so). I'm glad it works now! 👍

@Txusmale Please change type of the notification from pop up to push notification in the notification centre. What messaging app are you using. It's always good to stick to native app or Google Messages.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

well, after 3 hours on the phone with support, they could not help, had me factory reset not once but twice!!! still nothing.  start figuring it out on my own.  I downloaded a app from the playstore, Messages" made that my default messaging app and BAM!!!! works like a charm!!!!!!!!

Best Answer

@Txusmale I am crying now... Big tears... sniff... I recommended it... ;/ I'm glad it works tho! Enjoy your Versa.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

Glad to hear this!!! 

Best Answer

@Marrrmaduke   yes you did.  I tried several other apps, don't know why I didn't try this one yesterday, I must have skipped over it.  but I did a serach and it popped up. thank you so much for all your help 5 stars to you!!!!

Best Answer

@Txusmale @Pinkboxer I'm really glad your Versas are cooperating! Have a wonderful weekend! 😊

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

You as well my friend. And Merry Christmas!!!!🎄

Best Answer

@Txusmale Merry Christmas to you too! 😊🎄

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

Thank you and have a great weekend as well. Merry Christmas!!

Best Answer

@Pinkboxer To you too! 😄

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Pinkboxer @Txusmale Welcome to the Fitbit forums! I'm so glad to read that you found a solution to the situation you were experiencing with the notifications received by your Fitbit Versa. I'm glad you are back on track!

Thanks for marking the most helpful post as an accepted solution. This way, other users can find this solution quicker.

@Marrrmaduke You are a star! Thank you very much for providing your help and experience on this thread.

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

Merry Christmas and see you around! Smiley Very Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer