Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New versa not syncing when I want

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just bought a new versa and having syncing issues along with reading all the hoops you have to go through just to get it working I'm thinking of returning it. These watches cost to much to have to do half a million things just to make it work. 

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

@Deevaz Phone model and OS? 

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer
Hi,
It is a LG K20 Plus
Android 7.0
As for OS not really sure what to say when ask as its a phone?
Regards
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having trouble getting my new Versa set up.  It will sync, shows it is connected to wi-fi but then has been almost 3 hours on the screen "Setting up Versa Step 1 of 3" connecting....  

How long does it take?  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,
It is not suppose to take long at all. When I first set it up it connected
and sync fine. However it is on all day sync and that is NOT what is
happening I had better luck with my Alta. As I said earlier these should
not be this complicated to keep working(poor design). After reading other
posts as to what to do I'm not jumping though hoops as we shouldn't have
to. Wish I could help or good advice but I'm really dissatisfied with the
whole fitbit products.
Regards and good luck as we need it 😉
Best Answer
0 Votes

Android 7.0

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry the phone is  a LG K20 Plus

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Diamond1868 It shouldn't take that long. Restart the whole process. Reboot your phone, and Versa by pressing and holding the left and bottom right button until Fitbit logo flashes. Place Versa in a charging dock and make sure both devices have access to a strong wifi network. Also, from my experience devices need to be very close to the router. 

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

@Deevaz wrote:

Android 7.0

Ha? Not sure what you mean. I asked what your phone model was and Operating System? If iphone, which iphone model and version of iOS. If Android, which phone model and which version of Android.

Now, regarding your phone model, I cannot see it on the compatible devices list. It doesn't mean it won't work with Versa. It means Fitbit haven't tested it yet. Some features might not work as designed. What are the issues you're having?

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
Sorry about the response I first sent on the information ask for. I
understand what is being said and was not aware that a compatible device
had to be included in order for all functions of the watch to work as
advertised/stated. Thank you for your time.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Deevaz It simply means it hasn't been tested. Everything might work or some troubleshooting might be required. 🙂

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

Honor 6x

Android 7.0

Versa firmware 32.33.1.30

App version 2.84 (20213341)

Had my Versa 3 days now and syncing is challenging especially after a phone boot.

Bluetooth reports it is paired (both to Versa and Versa Classic) but that first sync after turning my phone on in the morning really grinds - sync has to be manually started and then maybe some of the data is transferred. Eventually after several attempts to sync the overnight data is transferred. Subsequent syncs can be as painful but then i decides to play ball.

I've restarted Bluetooth, repaired, reset watch, rebooted phone, force end and cleared app cache, completely uninstalled and reinstalled, configured app settings as per guidance.... nothing seems to resolve it, the next time i turn on my phone in the morning its the same dance.

Am I missing something? I shouldn't have to spend an hour jumping through hoops every morning getting it to start syncing. My previous Sony SWR30 would just connect and sync in the morning, I'd expect the Versa to do the same.

Best Answer
Hi I have rebooted, uninstalled and reinstalled, and have everything
(phone, watch, and router) all within 12 inchs of each other. I also
turned off all other devices using wi-fi after removing them from wi-fi so
phone and versa were only thing on the wi-fi. I am in the country and on
Hughesnet so I think it may not be the strongest for this process. It
works fine for my daily use. I am going to try to find a stronger wi-fi
somewhere. Hope that works.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Diamond1868 Please do, and good luck! Remember to have your Versa charging while performing the update!

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

@David68 Honor... background processes killing madness. Did you make sure Fitbit is not being killed. My OP is trying  to do that all the time. I turned off battery optimization but that didn't help much. I literally had to lock Fitbit app in the foreground. CHeck this link.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

Checked all the kill settings and the app is protected, will not be killed when lock screen enabled etc

Still finding issues with the sync though.

Turn on phone on the morning, says it's connected but no dice until I turn Bluetooth off and then back on again. Eventually I get a sync.

Can also lose the connection at random points during the day, will notice it's not synced, try the manual button and again no dice and have to cycle the Bluetooth. Then after a couple of attempts it syncs again.

Any advice? This is a supported phone with no other Bluetooth connections.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi
At least yours is a supported phone. I don't have any suggestions other
than the other ones already posted. I wish I'd have done alittle more
reseach on this. I do believe this will be my last Fitbit maybe a different
developer would be better.
Good luck.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Deevaz @David68 Then brutally honest, roll back fitbit app to 2.74.2. This is the only build that would stably sync, connect GPS, send notifications, etc. Still need to lock the app, turn off the battery optimization, turn on all the widgets and stuff, but perhaps this will work for you... You will not be able to log water with Versa though. Or use Custom emojis in quick reply. But I think that's about it.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes