Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No flexibility with the swim app display

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I swim between 1.5 miles (2500 meters) and 2.0 miles (3250 meters) everyday in the summer all free style in a 25 meter pool. I have read all the Versa documentation I can find, too bad it is not all in one location).  I believe I have set the setting correctly. However, the display does not have any way to change it to what I want to see. The only change I see that occurs is when you change the pool length,  meters, miles or yards. 

In addition the documentation it does not explain some of the setting and what they display or mean. Case in point: If I go to the setting on the swim app I find the following settings. Pool length & show laps I understand those two,but customize laps is confusing, because I don't see how it is customizing any thing. Could you explain Top, Middle and bottom stats? What does changing these selections affect? No documentation that I can read to help me understand the swim app settings.

What I am looking to do is change the display on the Versa Swim app.  I am 71 years old and my eyesight is not what it used to be, especially when wearing goggles. For me I am more concerned with the laps I swim (helps me so I don't lose count- as a senior I need that help) :=).  I like seeing the meters, & yards.  Calories are nice, but I would rather see the laps than calories.  Fitbit.com displays calories and skips laps.  Having those stats is nice, but I as the users should be able to select the stats I want to see.

The laps are found upper top right of the swim app display and small while meters, which I am not interested in seeing when i swim are huge and in the middle.  I would rather display the laps in the middle where I can see them and the meters and other stats small and top right; remember I'm 71.

Now I fully realize that others who are serious swimmers may like the meters big and displayed in the middle, but I don't.  It seems that I don't have the option to change what is displayed. Why can't we have a choice? For example: The Bike app allows you to touch the middle of the display & scroll through a variety of selections so you can choose what you as a biker want to see.  What can't the swim app be designed the same way? 

Observation and question. Do those who designed the swim app swim?  I don't mean know how to swim, but swim for many, many lengths? If you haven't used the watch in those conditions how can they possible find the user friendly changes that will help the Versa user. Are any of these watch designers 71 and have difficulty seeing the small stats on the Versa Swim App? Maybe others who are not as old as I am also have a hard time seeing the stats and would like to change the display.  Remember you only have a minute or less to look at the stats on your watch so having small stats makes it hard to see when you are trying to keep swimming.  Please take my experiences here as future possible changes.

The other concern is the swim app has stopped in the middle of a swim.  Remember what I started with at the beginning of this post.  Today I swam 40 lengths, then 90 for my two mile goal.  It should have been one swim not two. The only thing I see that may have possible caused this problem is I paused the swim exercise to change lanes.  I turn as soon as I get to the end of the pool (less than 30 second) should be no problem there. I don't always have this problem, but I have it more times than I should and I don't understand why.  Usually if when it stops counting, it still saves the stats as a smim, but today for the first time it didn't have the stats captured I had to create them manually. I was thinking that I need to make sure I have charged my watch, because one reason i may lose the exercise stats during a swim, is because maybe the swim app uses a lot of battery power and if there is not enough charge, the apps stops.

I have another post that the swim app counts my swim as steps.  So far there is no solution I have been given for that problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Tapping the left button will change the stat on the middle line. 

Im unable to figure most of what the rest of the post is about .

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Tapping the left button will change the stat on the middle line. 

Im unable to figure most of what the rest of the post is about .

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is pressing the right button the only stat that can be changed on the swim app display?

Best Answer
0 Votes