Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sleep stages just sleep patterns.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello. I got my Versa Lite a few weeks ago. For the most part it was tracking my sleep stages and occasionaly just the simple sleep pattern,  but the last week it's only been giving me sleep pattern and not stages. I have searched through the forums and tried many things such as tightening the band, moving it up higher from the wrist, restarting my device, to even doing a factory reset on my device. No luck.  I've also seen some posts that say there should be an option to see why it wasnt tracked, but I dont see that option...it just gives me the option to learn more about sleep stages. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Reeses74 I did have a few fitbit owners who reported the issue with the bed times presets, but since this does not seem to be your case and since you tried almost everything, I would attempt two things before reaching out to Customer Support:

• uninstalling and reinstalling Fitbit mobile app
  • if anything fails - factory rest (restoring the tracker to factory defaults).

Before factory reset, make sure you have deleted versa your phone's Bluetooth settings (not Fitbit app). To perform factory reset, open settings app on you Versa and scroll down to About. Tap it and choose factory reset. This will wipe all data from your tracker so it would be good if you could sync it first.

After factory reset you will need to set up your versa again by adding a replacement device in your Fitbit mobile app. You can set up the watch back to the Fitbit account by following the instructions on this link: How do I set up my Fitbit device?

If you're not successful with the factory reset, I am afraid you will need to reach out to Customer Support to guide you through the next steps. Here's the link to Customer Support page.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

@Reeses74 Do you have any sleep presets set up in your fitbit mobile app like bed times? If yes, please remove them.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do not, but thank you for the suggestion! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have sleep times set in my app and don't have a problem with always getting sleep stages.  Most of the time it's due to inaccurate HR readings and also that the watch/tracker needs at least 3 good hours to record sleep.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! I am having the same problem... just got my fitbit versa2 since 1st of April and it seems that its just tracking the sleep hours and even that is not accurate, but no sleep stages or sleep score at all! Anything that I can do please anyone??  Thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Reeses74 I did have a few fitbit owners who reported the issue with the bed times presets, but since this does not seem to be your case and since you tried almost everything, I would attempt two things before reaching out to Customer Support:

• uninstalling and reinstalling Fitbit mobile app
  • if anything fails - factory rest (restoring the tracker to factory defaults).

Before factory reset, make sure you have deleted versa your phone's Bluetooth settings (not Fitbit app). To perform factory reset, open settings app on you Versa and scroll down to About. Tap it and choose factory reset. This will wipe all data from your tracker so it would be good if you could sync it first.

After factory reset you will need to set up your versa again by adding a replacement device in your Fitbit mobile app. You can set up the watch back to the Fitbit account by following the instructions on this link: How do I set up my Fitbit device?

If you're not successful with the factory reset, I am afraid you will need to reach out to Customer Support to guide you through the next steps. Here's the link to Customer Support page.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi thank you for your help! 

I've just done the factory reset and now the fitbit is not working at all, it's dead! It was iniatially turning on in a few different languages to connect the fitbit app, then I couldn't set up the tracker on the app, I tried to charge the tracker but there was no sign that was charging, switch off and back on again and suddenly is off completely, cannot turn on, not working at all!

I did reset the Bluetooth settings and reinstall the app as well... 

Any tips? Thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@dianamartins Sorry to hear that as obviously this should not be happening. If your Versa does not respond when you press and hold the back buttons, I would reach out to Customer Support as you may have a defective device. Good news is you should still be covered under warranty and Fitbit are great about replacements. You can use the link I provided in my previous post. Good luck!

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am mailing back and forth with support from January, after following all suggestions I have received this answer from Fitbit support in March: "We are aware of this behavior that some users are experiencing. We have sent this information to our products team. They are looking into it and will have a resolution as soon as possible. We will reach out to you as soon as we have an update. We appreciate your patience in this matter". Still waiting for an update. I hope they can adjust the software/firmware so I can enjoy sleep stages and Sp02 readings. 

Tracking my health and movements with Fitbit from april 2014, now using a Sense 2™
Best Answer
0 Votes