Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting accurate heart rate readings.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been unable to determine is if Fitbit uses the average heart rate (that it is able to track) to calculate the end calorie burn or if it completely ignores the periods of time when it cannot find a heart rate. 

When exercising, my Fitbit will drop my heart rate - sometimes, for example, if I am doing cardio for 30 minutes no heart rate is shown for 15-20 of those (and it remains inaccurate -per Polar chest strap and machine- for 11-14 minutes when beginning cardio). The resulting average bpm and max are obviously incorrect and the calorie burn is anywhere from 80-200 calories less than the machine/Polar. 

I have been a loyal Fitbit user since 2012. I’ve seen this issue with the Charge 2 and now Versa Lite. 
Please do not respond with the standard ‘help’ ideas as I can assure you I have tried them all literally thousands of times (remember, I’m a user for 7 full years now - I’m not new to Fitbit or the ‘reset’ ‘change position’ ‘change wrist’ ‘sync’ etc etc). 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

@Syemyim It's great to see you in the Fitbit Community. Sorry for the delayed response.

I regret to hear that your Fitbit Versa Lite is not recording your heart rate accurately. Thank you for letting us know the troubleshooting steps you've performed already and for been a loyal Fitbit user since 2012.

Since Fitbit uses PurePulse technology to record your heart rate, if you compare your readings with other devices that use different technology, you might obtain different results.

In addition to the recommendations to improve the accuracy of your heart rate readings on this help article, from your watch you can go to Settings > Heart rate. Turn the setting off and then back on. If this doesn't help, you might want to perform a factory reset by following the next steps, but keep in mind that your apps, stored data, personal information, credit and debit cards (for Fitbit Pay-enabled devices), and saved settings will be deleted from the watch:

On your device, open the Settings app > About > Factory Reset or Clear User Data.

If you have any question, please don't hesitate to contact us back at any time.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit versa 2 also drops my heartrate during workouts. I will begin my workout and see my heart rate rising 100-120. Then about a few minutes in I'll look at my watch and its at anywhere from 63-87. I have reset it. Turned heart rate on and off. And at this point I am just upset because I have missed tracking several workouts. Also it will disconnect from phone on and off randomly. I love Fitbit and I have used other products. This is the first time I have had issues and I've only had the watch a month.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Fitbergon.

Thank you for the information provided and for trying to resolve the issue before contacting us.

I noticed that you've been in touch with Customer Support. I'm pretty sure they will do their best to provide a high level of support. 

Feel free to contact us at any time.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes