Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not holding a charge after an update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I had an update on my versa and since completing the update my Fitbit will not hold a charge for more than 2 hours. My battery used to last 4-5 days. What was the update and how do I fix it??

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Melissa0828.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems getting the battery on your Versa to last as it should. I'd like to help you out with this. I appreciate the information that the issue started after the latest update. The updates provide feature enhancements and product improvements and we don't expect any issues to affect the devices. I recommend doing the following:

1. Switch to a Fitbit clock face in case you're using the third party clock. 

2. Restart your device: How do I restart my Fitbit device?

3. Charge the watch to 100% and use it like normal.  

Let me know how it goes! 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

THIS! I've stumbled upon your topic searching about the exact same problem! My Versa was fully charged last night, then this morning, after I arrived at work, It showed 12%!! I'm not using any apps, I'm always in eco mode (screen light to a minimum, no notification and so on)... 

My charger is at home, so I'm quite annoyed because I won't be able to use it for my workout today!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow, the same thing is happening to me.  I bought asecond charger to keep at work and it does no good.  I have to charge every hour so I can get steps counted when I go to the restroom.   If I can't get an exchange that works. I am going to have to change brands.  This is the 5th version I have bought and really like it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven't updated my lately but all of a sudden its not holding a charge.  I just charged it and took it off the charger & now it says the battery is dead.  What's up with that?

Best Answer

Mine used to last 4-5 days and now my Versa is only lasting a day. 

Judging by what I have been reading on here it's only a matter of time before it will not last a day and dies completely.

I have not changed a thing on it or the app. I did the restart 6 times trick and that helped a bit but this time has done nothing.

I started today with 50% left and by 14:45 it had turned off!!

There are too many battery related threads on this forums for this to be an isolated case. Maybe a bad batch of batteries all dying off at the same time.

How do I go about getting a replacement battery or can they not be changed ? Cheers.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @ANWarrior @Asd111167 @Aymelay . It's nice to see you again @Simonsimps

@Aymelay thank you for joining the conversation and sharing that you're having the same issue with your Versa. I am sorry to hear you are going through this situation. Thank you for sharing the additional details and following the tips to prevent battery drain. I would like to confirm if you've tried the troubleshooting steps from the previous post? 

@ANWarrior I am glad to hear you like the Fitbit products and thank you for being a Fitbit customer. I appreciate your efforts to resolve the issue with your Versa battery. Please let me know if you've tried the steps provided previously and checked the tips to prevent battery drain from this help article: Can I improve my Fitbit device's battery life?

@Asd111167 thank you for sharing your experience. Upon checking with our Support team, I was told that you have already contacted them. I know they will be glad to help you out and provide you a solution, please keep working with them. 

@Simonsimps thank you for providing the details of the issue with your Versa's battery. I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts and understand your concern. I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our Support team, for them to assist you further and provide a solution. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

@LiliyaFitbit wrote:

@Simonsimps thank you for providing the details of the issue with your Versa's battery. I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts and understand your concern. I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our Support team, for them to assist you further and provide a solution. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

@LiliyaFitbit Thank you very much for sorting that out. Hope I can get it sorted as it's a great watch and tracker. Cheers.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, I have tried all suggestions even unpairing and repairing.
Best Answer
0 Votes

MY wife's Versa is lasting only 8 to12 hours now. Sometimes dies just after she checked the percentage within  a few minutes and it said she has 40%. She is about had it at this point. May dust off the old zip. At least it was reliable.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your replies @Simonsimps @ANWarrior . Hi @dekkal, it's nice to see you again in our Community Forums. 

@Simonsimps thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear you like the Fitbit Versa, I am sure our Support team will be glad to help you out and provide you a solution, please keep working with them. 

@ANWarrior thank you for your troubleshooting efforts. Since the steps you tried didn't work, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our Support team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox. 

@dekkal thank you for sharing the details of the battery issue with your wife's device. I'm sorry to hear about this experience. I could see that you got in touch with our Support team about this already. I've updated your case and you should receive a reply soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still having multiple issues with my Fitbit.  Not holding a charge....Not getting my notifications....It was working at all today and now it shows that I walked 2,097,452 steps today.  I walked a lot but not that much....

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's nice to see you around @Asd111167

I am sorry to hear you continue to have multiple issues with your device. Thank you for sharing the details. Since you've been in touch with our Support team, I've updated your case and you should be getting a reply soon. Please keep an eye on your inbox. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same issue with my Versa. Battery suddenly stopped holding a charge and now it will not charge at all. Got offered a 25% discount on my next purchase as they don't repair items. Not going to spend $175 on something that's going to last a year before needing to be replaced again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @SlimH. I am sorry for the delayed response.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing the details of the issue with your Fitbit Versa and your experience with Customer SupportI am sure they tried to help you in the best possible manner, each case is reviewed individually and a solution that's being provided is based on the Fitbit Warranty. I understand how you are feeling and appreciate your feedback. We're constantly working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is similar. My versa 2 is not holding much of a charge since the update it had. I have tried cleaning the contacts, a different charger (my husband has the versa lite) restarting it, all the things on the community page I could find to try and sort it. The charge used to last about a week and now only lasts about 2 days. What is the answer, please 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Steph_NZ, it's nice to see you again in our Community Forums. 

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that your Versa 2 is not holding a charge since the update. I appreciate the additional details and I am here to help. Thanks for trying to resolve this, you can verify the complete tips to prevent battery drain at Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life?

Please confirm if you've tried to change the Screen Wake setting to manual and see how many days the battery lasts after that: How do I see the time on my Fitbit device?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I've tried the screen wakeon manual, turned brightness down,  and a few other things like not doing all-day sync, etc but still only lasting a few days 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Steph_NZ, thank you for your reply.

I am sorry to hear the issue persists, I totally understand how you are feeling and appreciate your troubleshooting efforts. I've sent your information to the Customer Support team so they can get in touch with you and provide further assistance. Please keep an eye on your inbox.  

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had the same issue since the most recent update and now aside from not holding a charge for more than a few hours, it's not turning back on at all. So many people have experienced this issue after the update, some advice or help more substantial than restarting, charging fully, etc would be helpful. I haven't even had this versa for a full 2 years. 

Best Answer
0 Votes