Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification service not running

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello. I have Fitbit Versa, firmware version 32.32.10.15, mobile phone Xiaomi Redmi 5 plus and notifications are not running on my tracker. My phone reports an error: "Notification service not running. A phone restart is required to re-enable notification on your tracker".

I restarted bluetooth on my phone and also Fitbit app, also reinstall Fitbit app and it still doesnt work. Please, can you help me?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
183 REPLIES 183

I also face the same issue recently but it's quite easy to solve this issue as well just do this steps. 

Android users:

Go to the Fitbit app 

Click your profile picture 

Scroll down

Click the notification and turn it off.

Now just uninstall the FitBit app from your phone and reinstall it.

Just do these steps your notification will be on. 

Best Answer

This response is late, I saw in a previous chat that if you have your Fit bit saved to sd card you can see that message, I moved my fit bit back to internal storage and the message is gone. I don't know if notifications work yet

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me. Thank you. I have a Fitbit Charge 3 and Xiaomi Redme Note 8 Pro and had the exact same message. Clearing the cache as stated solved the problem.

Best Answer

Thanks for the quick tip. Its working now 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried this 2 days ago and it worked,... For 2 days. Now I get the same message again. I don't want to have to keep resetting the app every couple of days!? 

Best Answer
Sorry not sure why you got it again,mine has worked since Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I managed to do it this time by just deleting the cache and then restarting the phone. Still not the best but at least it wasn't a full reset. 

Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found the above mentioned by Jahesh26 worked only for one day. The next day the notification service stopped again. 

Solution: do the above and go to settings and look for App Permission ( usually under  Apps in the setting), then select autostart.   Then select Fitbit for autostart exception. 

With this the notification is now working all the time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did this many times but after a while (sometime hours, sometimes a few day) I get the same problem again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It worked for me one time, but the problem appeared again, after booting my phone...

On my Samsung Note 9, it worked fine. The problem is on my Redmi Note 9 Pro.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem on my Xiaomi Note 9 Pro, I got the problem fixed after I changed the following settings for the Fitbit app:

- turned off battery restrictions 

- set ON automatic start up

And of course, verify if the app has the autorisation to send notifications...

Best Answer

I have the same problem, does anyone have a solution?

I have cleared the data but it still stops working after a few hours or days!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you tried the solution I've mentioned above?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, I tried this but unfortunately it didn't solve the issue 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks.

Found out phone not compatible with fitbit! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did some digging and same here, phone not compatible.

Seems Fitbit need to make some changes in their app will all the different phone brands on the market.

Best Answer

This does help, so thanks a lot.

But I have to do it like every day. And that's a lot of hassle, and annoying, as you have to reset all your settings on which notifications are enabled and which are not... Is there no other solution, a bit longer lasting? Its been a year since you posted this? Desperate... I have had the fitbit since march, and it worked fine with my previous Samsung. I upgraded to Huawei P30 Lite. And every since, it doesnt work... Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

dude, i tried this and it worked but the same issue popped back up the next day. And then it got rid of it again. Now again im facing this issue. OMG im going crazy. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why the "notification sefvice is not running" message is showing in every time when I get rid of the watch and phone. Requesting Fitbit to solve this problem as soon as possible. Every step of your advise is done by me. But still now the problem is facing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes worked for me thank you so much also did not loose any data

Best Answer
0 Votes