Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification service not running

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello. I have Fitbit Versa, firmware version 32.32.10.15, mobile phone Xiaomi Redmi 5 plus and notifications are not running on my tracker. My phone reports an error: "Notification service not running. A phone restart is required to re-enable notification on your tracker".

I restarted bluetooth on my phone and also Fitbit app, also reinstall Fitbit app and it still doesnt work. Please, can you help me?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
183 REPLIES 183

Oh my gosh! It worked. I've been having this issue for....... And been in talks with fitbit over the last year loads of times as couldn't get it to work. I did actually give up and was starting to think what is the point of the fitbit device. This, though, is so easy to do and understand and boom works straight away again. Thank you so much. 😁

Best Answer
0 Votes

Another fix worked for me (Xiaomi Redmi Note 5) with no need to clear app data:

1. go to the phone Settings.

2. navigate though "Passwords & security" -> "Privacy" -> "Special app access" to "Notification Access"

3. optionally disable Fit Notifications if you have it installed. If not, just jump to the next step

4. disable Fitbit (Fitbit Notification Service .

5. enable Fitbit (Fitbit Notification Service)

6. optionally enable Fit Notifications if you have it installed

7. Fitbit app now should not have the warning saying "Notification service is not running..."

For other Android phones there should be similar path to get through and re-enable notification service. 

Hope this works for you.

--------------------------------

please try this https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Other-Versa-Smartwatches/Notification-service-not-running/m-p/447656...

Moderator edit: merged replies 

Best Answer

Thank you. I will try this as well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

After searching a lot for my Honor 10 and trying all the "clear cache" and "disable-enable notification access solutions" I finally got it working and not crush every few hours. Something is shutting down the service working on the background, either by a 3rd party app either bys the OS. 

I went to Setttings - Apps - Fitbit - Power Usage details - App launch - and unchecked manage automatically

Hope there is something like that as an option for you. I'm in Android 10.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked.

Guys try this out.

Thanks !!!!!!

Was planning to return my fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much for sharing this information! I've been attempting to correct this issue for days - weeks even. Finally, some information that works!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Goto Mobile Setting and search there Notification access and then enable notification for fitbit app it will definitely works. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This question is about the Fitbit app, not about the Fitbit hardware. To give a correct answer we will need to know which operating system the phone runs. 

Best Answer

This works but in my case, I have to do it on a daily basis. I have a Xiaomi Black shark.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Even I am doing daily .
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @ulesmx. and @Somanath which one of the several "its" listed above works for you on a daily bases? 

Best Answer

Notification Access to fit bit app

Best Answer
0 Votes
Clearing the Fitbit app cache fixes the notifications, but i have to do it
daily
Best Answer

It worked, actually on oneplus some apps don't work under battery optimization, it was one of them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have to do this more than once a day. I hope fitbit can fix this. 

Best Answer

Thanks Rajesh, that worked. I just hope it doesn't keep needing to be done. I'd do a thumbs up vote but can't work out how. 😁

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. I have the same issue once a week. I have to go to my phone settings, apps, fitbit and clear data.

It is an annoying issue though. How can it be reported to developers for fixing permanently? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine goes off and stops working as soon as I turn app off. Unless I can
find a way to have it permenantly on I'm never going to get texts.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I did the App data and it worked but the second the apps closed it loses the permissions. Unless I can find a way to keep app on permenantly I won't be getting texts. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello

I try this tutorial from youtube and it work to me correctly.

This is the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M46RV70b7E4&t=27s

Best Answer
0 Votes