Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification service not running

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello. I have Fitbit Versa, firmware version 32.32.10.15, mobile phone Xiaomi Redmi 5 plus and notifications are not running on my tracker. My phone reports an error: "Notification service not running. A phone restart is required to re-enable notification on your tracker".

I restarted bluetooth on my phone and also Fitbit app, also reinstall Fitbit app and it still doesnt work. Please, can you help me?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
183 REPLIES 183

Hmmm.. that's interesting! I was doing the other workaround of restarting the notification service, but that has to be done 4-5 times in a day as it automatically goes into error. 

I'll try your solution.

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Don't worry once u do dat....your problem will solve permanently
Best Answer
0 Votes

Since their are user on both iOS and Android experiencing this error. It would be very helpful to know which phone you have. On android this is usually fairly easy to fix 

Best Answer

I am using one plus 6T and one plus 7.  The notification error is coming up for both the phones with versa 2

Best Answer
0 Votes
Don't worry fend ...coz m also using op6....so it's solve....🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried that as well today. Well, still the same issue. After some time the notifications stopped coming on the versa 2 watch and in the application the notification error was there.

As per your suggestion I cleared up the App data.

Settings>Apps & Notifications>Apps> Fitbit> Clear Cache and Clear Storage data

Is there anything else that I need to change?

Best Answer
No it solved my problem.try to reset the versa and reinstall the firmware..
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have been going in and claring the storage when the notification comes up
that notifications are working. Then once I do that and sign back in it is
fine. However, yesterday I had an app update for it and could not get that
to work. Had to uninstall and reinstall the app on my phone then it was
fine
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I have been using fitbit versa lite watch with OnePlus 5T since two months. I used to face notifications service not running issue so many times in the beginning. I had to clear app data every time that issue comes up. OnePlus's battery optimization mechanism might be stopping the app to send notifications to the watch sometimes. Once I have stopped fitbit app from being optimized by battery, I never faced this issue again. It's been a month I didn't get that issue again. It will work definitely on OnePlus devices and I am not sure about other phones. Try this and let me know the result. Thank you.

Best Answer

I have disabled the battery optimisation for Fitbit app on my one plus 6T. I'll post the result after some usage.

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@rajesh26  even with battery optimisation off, the notification service has again thrown the same error 😞

Not sure where the problem is but I am really disappointed now.

Any other thoughts?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ok
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. It's good to see you here in the Forums and I'm sorry for the delayed response. Let me help you out with your inquiries.

Thanks for the information that you've provided, as well for the steps tried prior posting. Our team is aware that some of our users are getting this error message after attempting a phone restart. Currently we've received reports of this issue experienced just for Android users and our team is further investigating to get a resolution as soon as possible. While there isn't a time frame when this will be fixed, be sure that your comments will be passed along and I'll update this thread once I have more details.

@Marrrmaduke@Rich_Laue, @rajesh26 and @Arslaan, thanks for your great help. I'm sure others will find your posts very helpful.

I'll be around if you have another question.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for that, it worked. Post Aug update the Notification service gone nuts. Hope Google will pay the developers to fix this, reached out of them but no proper resolution provided. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @GouravDas. I'm glad to see you here and thanks for the update.

Our team often reviews the Community to gather the feedback posted by our members and develop improvements based on that. Be sure your comments will not be taken for granted as we continue working to deliver what our users want and need.

If you have any other question, feel free to post back.

Best Answer
0 Votes

hey i'm having the same problem right now with my versa 2....did you got any solution..please let me know if u have one

Best Answer
0 Votes
Unfortunately I've not got any solution so far and additional my versa 2
starts giving wrong step count as well
Best Answer
Try to turn on location and Bluetooth and restart the mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes

hey @LizzyFitbit i'm using redmi phone.The same error occurs with my versa 2 right now.will you please help me out with this?...I have tried everything to solve this but still it's not solved.thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried it and also every option  @Bhanu_0410 

Best Answer
0 Votes