Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification service not running

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello. I have Fitbit Versa, firmware version 32.32.10.15, mobile phone Xiaomi Redmi 5 plus and notifications are not running on my tracker. My phone reports an error: "Notification service not running. A phone restart is required to re-enable notification on your tracker".

I restarted bluetooth on my phone and also Fitbit app, also reinstall Fitbit app and it still doesnt work. Please, can you help me?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
183 REPLIES 183
No sir. ...but m trying ....
Best Answer
0 Votes

In my One plus, I used to face the same issue, notification service not working very frequently. Recently I did a minor change from Battery Optimization settings, where I have choosed don't optimise for fitbit. A few moments later it started working, without a phone restart and reinstallation of fitbit.

Best Answer
I'm using versa from last 2 months initially i 2 faced same issue. then i
reset my versa and re installed firmware then it started working again
Best Answer
0 Votes

@rameshsr44 hi, I've managed to fixed this on one 6T and one plus 7 phones.

Apparently it had to do with the battery. There's a feature in these phones for battery optimisation which someone else also pointed. I have disabled the battery optimisation for Fitbit application. Along with this, in the same battery optimisation option there is an feature of "Deep Optimization". I have disabled that as well. After disabling the deep optimisation, the notification service is working fine.

Best Answer

Hi everyone. It's good to see you here in the Forums and welcome to our new members.

Thanks to all of you for keeping me updated about the error message displayed on the Fitbit app. Also, for the steps that you've tried to get the notifications working. Our team continues working on this issue to bring a solution as soon as possible to all our members who've been affected. Be sure that your feedback won't be forgotten as it helps us to evaluate our products and enhance your experience with them.

In the meantime, I'd recommend to keep the Fitbit app updated to the latest version and give a try to the great suggestions posted by our friends @GouravDas and @Ratul27, which may work for you.

I'll be around, keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is very useful, but unfortunately shouldn't be labelled as the "answer", especially if this happens weekly. It is clearly a bug and fitbit have admitted it.

Best Answer

Hi @El_Chazmo. I'm glad to see you here in the Forums.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. Please know that since this is a public forum, other users experiencing this situation could have found that post helpful enough to mark it as the best answer. I see your point of view and be sure that your feedback will be taken to continue working on this situation.

Hope to see you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the versa 2 brand new just set up with my mate 9. I have the same notification error in Fitbit app with no communication restart phone. I found the easiest way to clear is go to navigation bar swipe Fitbit app off and then just restart app and it works without having to restart phone 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ok as soon as possible please
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Vegasjb1. Welcome to the Forums. @Arslaan, it's good to see you around. I'm sorry for the delayed response.

@Vegasjb1, thanks for letting me know that you have the Versa 2 and the steps that you've tried prior posting. @Arslaan, thank you also for keeping me updated. Our team continues working hard on this matter and they've received the feedback posted in the Forums as it helps us to evaluate our procedures and implement improvements. There isn't a time frame for the fix yet, but I'll update this thread once I have more information.

Feel free to reply back if you have another question.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Fitbit Support,

Today I got my Fitbit versa 2 with all excitement but with Notification Service not running issue, I am totally frustrated. I am currently using note 5 pro. Tried all the steps mentioned in this thread such as clear data, battery optimization settings remove/add account. But no luck. Any help to resolve this issue? or I will be returning this product since not satisfied.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got a Versa 2.  Health metrics work fine, but no notifications. I get the same Notification Service not running error. Tried everything recommended on this thread, but no dice.

I am running a Xiaomi Mi Mix 3. 

Reading this thread started 1.5 years ago and still having issues is a disgrace. This isn't some obscure OS, it's Android. How can you guys be having so much trouble getting this to work reliably?

Very disappointed.

Best Answer

And the issue back then, probably is unrelated to the issue today. 

Yes there years ago I had this issue and for me it was fixed at least 2.5 years ago. 

Does your Fitbit app have permission to run in the background? Battery management for Fitbit turned off? 

Have you disabled notification under the 3 dots, then enabled them? 

Best Answer

I unpaired the tracker and re-paired it.  

When I did that, it basically hangs on this screen (below).  - can't seem to be able to post photos directly.

https://imgur.com/a/Cyd93Oh

If I click on the OK, button, it proceeds with syncing with the tracker, but I don't think it ever establishes the link it needs for the messaging connectivity. I have been basically waiting for 30 minutes and it doesn't look like it is ever going to connect. Which is why if I just click on Okay and move on, then it gives the Notification service error later.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is still showing the same message even after updating my app to 3.12.1 and my Fitbit versa tracker to 32.70.714. 

The notifications are very essential for me.

Please help me in the above mentioned problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Pratham18 android or iOS? 

On android I find logging out/in usually gets the app to request permissions and things begin to work. Sometimes when doing this I have to go into settings and re-inable notifications and it then asks for more permissions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It's Android (OnePlus 7).
I have tried every mean.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I still am also having some issues. First I try to clear the storage and
sign back in to the app. The essential thing is Fitbit to ask to like to
versa (or whatever your watch is named). Usually when it gives me that it
will work for days. I also have told my phone to forget the watch on
Bluetooth. Then re connect it. This will also help at times. Worse case
scenario I uninstall the app and reinstall it. I really have no fool proof
permanent solution. But these are the things that have worked for me
Best Answer

Yes you can remove the tracker from the phones Bluetooth @Teri1964 I do not understand what process you use to reconnect since this can not be done by the user. Reconnection must be done by the Fitbit app which usually will ask permission to connect. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tried that too. But instead I have to do it everyday. It becomes too
difficult to logout and login everyday.
Best Answer
0 Votes