Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications are not coming through my Versa 3

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit versa 3 will connect to my phone and i can answer calls but keeps knocking off and saying "notification service not running. A phone restart is required to re-enable notifications on your tracker". I have reset both phone and fibit. I have to uninstall and reinstall the app about 3 times a day 😠.. I only got it at xmas at my wits end 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello there @Karso88, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa 3. I understand how you must be feeling. 

Thanks for answering @Guy_'s question. For the latest list of devices that support the Fitbit app for Android, see Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

If you're exactly getting this error message “Notification service is not running. A phone restart is required to re-enable notifications on your tracker”, please note that we’re aware of it and are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible.

If you're not getting that error message, make sure you've followed these steps: Why are notifications delayed or missing?

Since you're on a Huawei phone, you can also try the following steps to see if that helps: 

1. On your phone, open the Settings app > Apps and notifications > Apps.
  2. Tap Fitbit > Battery.
  3. Turn off the Power-intensive prompt option.
  4. Tap Launch.
  5. Turn off the Manage automatically option, and turn on the Auto-launch, Secondary launch, and Run in background options.
  6. Tap OK.

Note that you may see a message on your phone related to power consumption and apps scanning in the background. If you follow the steps in this message, the Fitbit app can’t run in the background and certain features may not work properly. Repeat the steps above to enable the Fitbit app to run in the background.

Let me know if you have any questions present. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

What phone do you have?

Are all permissions granted for the Fitbit app?

Are things being shutdown from battery optimisation, to save power, if the phone is lower on power?

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Its a huawei p20.. Yes all permissions are on. I changed all the battery to manual earlier! Im due an upgrade for my phone. Any idea what would sync to the versa 3? Other than apple. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there @Karso88, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa 3. I understand how you must be feeling. 

Thanks for answering @Guy_'s question. For the latest list of devices that support the Fitbit app for Android, see Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

If you're exactly getting this error message “Notification service is not running. A phone restart is required to re-enable notifications on your tracker”, please note that we’re aware of it and are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible.

If you're not getting that error message, make sure you've followed these steps: Why are notifications delayed or missing?

Since you're on a Huawei phone, you can also try the following steps to see if that helps: 

1. On your phone, open the Settings app > Apps and notifications > Apps.
  2. Tap Fitbit > Battery.
  3. Turn off the Power-intensive prompt option.
  4. Tap Launch.
  5. Turn off the Manage automatically option, and turn on the Auto-launch, Secondary launch, and Run in background options.
  6. Tap OK.

Note that you may see a message on your phone related to power consumption and apps scanning in the background. If you follow the steps in this message, the Fitbit app can’t run in the background and certain features may not work properly. Repeat the steps above to enable the Fitbit app to run in the background.

Let me know if you have any questions present. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @MarreFitbit i had already followed those steps with no luck. writing in here was my last resort! That “Notification service is not running. A phone restart is required to re-enable notifications on your tracker”,is what I am getting after about an hr of being connected. Extremely frustrating 😕

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Karso88 You're welcome!  Thanks for following the tips and recommendations I provided. I understand how frustrating this can be. 

Since you're getting that error message, please note what I shared with you above as we're working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. 

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Thanks for being a Fitbit customer! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has this issue been resolved yet please? Having these problems and none of your suggestions have worked so receiving no texts or WhatsApp which was one of the main reasons for having the watch.

Best Answer

Hello customer service...nothing suggested helps, please advise on a solution. I have a Blackberry Key2, my Versa 2 worked fine with the Key2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Moose24 - make sure the Versa 2 was properly removed because the app may be trying to send the notifications there instead of the Versa 3.

To be really sure,

• Shutdown the Versa 2 from the watch Settings, About menu
  • remove the Versa 2 and Versa 3 Bluetooth entries (3)  from the phone
  • Logout of the app and clear the storage cache and force stop it.
  • restart both watch and phone
  • login and wait for the pair and link prompts of the Versa 3
  • In the Fitbit app, pull down and click on battery
  • redo On-wrist calls
  • check Notifications and inside, App notifications are correctly set

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes