Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications are not coming through my Versa Lite

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Versa lite won't stay connected to give me notifications or when getting a call,it keeps saying restart my phone,it doesn't work!!!  I uninstall and reinstall, sometimes it work for a short time, sometimes it doesn't work at all I'm tired of this aggravation!!!! Does versa lite need an update,????It's been more than a month!!! I'm beginning to want my money  refunded because this Fitbit item is  not working at all or sometimes when it feels like just out of the blue,it starts to give me text notifications,for a short time,then just stops again.Where and how can I get a REFUND??????????

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @Eboniejewel. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa Lite before reaching out. I understand how you must be feeling. 

Are you getting the error messages “Notification service is not running. A phone restart is required to re-enable notifications on your tracker”

I'd like to recommend some steps that work for users who own a Huawei phone, however, if you do own an Android I'd still suggest you to try them:

1. On your phone, open the Settings app > Apps and notifications > Apps.
  2. Tap Fitbit > Battery.
  3. Turn off the Power-intensive prompt option.
  4. Tap Launch.
  5. Turn off the Manage automatically option, and turn on the Auto-launch, Secondary launch, and Run in background options.
  6. Tap OK.

Note that you may see a message on your phone related to power consumption and apps scanning in the background. If you follow the steps in this message, the Fitbit app can’t run in the background and certain features may not work properly. Repeat the steps above to enable the Fitbit app to run in the background.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there, @Eboniejewel. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa Lite before reaching out. I understand how you must be feeling. 

Are you getting the error messages “Notification service is not running. A phone restart is required to re-enable notifications on your tracker”

I'd like to recommend some steps that work for users who own a Huawei phone, however, if you do own an Android I'd still suggest you to try them:

1. On your phone, open the Settings app > Apps and notifications > Apps.
  2. Tap Fitbit > Battery.
  3. Turn off the Power-intensive prompt option.
  4. Tap Launch.
  5. Turn off the Manage automatically option, and turn on the Auto-launch, Secondary launch, and Run in background options.
  6. Tap OK.

Note that you may see a message on your phone related to power consumption and apps scanning in the background. If you follow the steps in this message, the Fitbit app can’t run in the background and certain features may not work properly. Repeat the steps above to enable the Fitbit app to run in the background.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes