Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline Music Storage - Pandora & Deezer Deactivation

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Good day, how will we be able to listen to offline music on our Fitbit with the Pandora & Deezer Deactivation end of March 2023? The reason of having a watch with music storage is so that we don't have to take our phone with during our exercise sessions.

Best Answer
68 REPLIES 68

@dsgnmind It's supposed to be a user community forum, not a support forum. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where do we go from here?  Anyone found a cheap alternative to listen to music offline?  I saw online some mp3 headphones for less then $30

Best Answer
0 Votes
It is my first experience and very sad

Rob Gillingwater
Best Answer

I'll be looking to buy a small clip-on Bluetooth MP3 player on eBay when Deezer is turned off on my Sense. Then when my Sense eventually dies I will look for a secondhand Garmin Fenix (the proper sports watch I really wanted when I bought a Fitbit)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

i have contacted the live chat 3 times now with no luck, I have been given two email addresses from Fitbit call handlers to make a formal complaint and the email addresses tell you to come on here which Fitbit ignore! 
fitbit please could we have an urgent update, and compensation arrangements since your product is false advertising and not fit for the purpose in which it was sold. this service is not good enough and we are all very angry to say the least! 

Best Answer

I found this post on this forum from back in April from a moderator.  I wonder if it is true?

"Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about allowing Fitbit Versa 3 to support YouTube Music app. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. I'd suggest adding your comment and vote to this feature: YouTube Music AppIf this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs"

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought a new Versa 3 in November when my old one died.  I didn't want to buy the Versa 4 as it is reputedly still a work in progress (like all FitBits in their first year of release).  I naively thought we would be getting new or better features as a result of the Google takeover (such as Google wallet) rather than being stripped of features we thought we had paid for. 

I wouldn't mind if Google had provided an alternative music player app - I only subscribe to Deezer for my Versa and my wife's.  As it is, this will definitely be the last FitBit I buy, following a Surge, Ionic and Versa 3 for me, Versa 2s and 3s for my kids, Charge 2/3/4 and Versa 3 for my wife over the last 7 years. The Pixel watch I was considering until the Deezer announcement; now it's 'so long' Google and FitBit,  I don't trust you any more.  It will be a Galaxy watch for me next time out.

Best Answer
The problem is that the FItbit Sense is ideal for my goals (and presumably
man others) and that is why this action to remove functions and not develop
the Sense capability is so annoying.

The Google Pixel and probably its successors are sadly not a replacement as
the battery life and other functions are a backward step.

--
Rob Gillingwater
Best Answer

Please please Fitbit will you give us an update on this? The silence is infuriating! 

Best Answer

I just dug out the box my Versa 2 came in - says right in the front: Store & Play Music, and on the side: Music and Workouts on your wrist... So - to me false advertising... I do hope that fitbit/google change their mind once all the people, probably most users, that are currently unaware of that planned "feature removal" end of March will also be "not amused" by that decision...

Best Answer

Everyday. I still come across authorized retailers for Fitbit, still listing incorrect info.  

https://www.verizon.com/products/fitbit-versa-2/?sku=sku3610042

Fitbit has had 3 months to come up with an alternative solution.  Instead It's completely removed.  At Least I had time to set up my backup versa2  with Pandora and I won't sync it until we come up with a different solution.   

Best Answer

I don't think they have a plan for any music solution other than you buying a Pixel watch 😡

Best Answer
0 Votes

For me, who enjoys pandora,  I pull out my 10 year old nexus 5.  Turns out, it does the same offline download that the Fitbit did.  I consider a mp3 player, but I really don't want to go 20 years back in time and make playlist again and buy new music.  I would rather keep paying $5 to pandora, plus we use it on other devices.    

I found a cheap arm band to hold my now workout phone because my everyday phone is to expensive to use in that way.  Once the price of smart watches come down to less then $100 and can do all that Fitbit did do, then maybe I'll consider upgrading. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was wondering why the Pandora app was missing on my watch when I tried to listen to music this morning. . .  did a google search. Found this. Google. . . this really sucks. So frustrating.  😞 

Best Answer

I'm so upset that I can't listen to music while running without my phone. It's literally the reason I bought my fitbit sense. Went for a run this morning, and it was gone. Fitbit please do something to fix this. 

Is is legal to remove a function that came with the device? My fitbit advertised offline music, now it's gone. 

Best Answer

Is it legal? Probably. It is in their terms and conditions that they can remove any service at any time for any reason

Is it moral? Definitely not 😡

Best Answer
Garmin are going to see a big rise in sales.

Unfortunately Fitbit Google has lost any loyalty from their customers.

Rob Gillingwater
Best Answer

By using Tunelf Deezer Music Converter, you can download Deezer songs to your Fitbit watch even with a Deezer Free account. It aims to help Deezer users download songs, albums, playlists, and podcasts from Deezer to several plain audio formats like MP3.deezer-converter-set-format-win.png

Best Answer

You may be able to download them from Deezer, but there is no longer any way to upload them to Fitbit :{

Best Answer

Hi @Robgillingwater - as @paulbeales  says, Fitbit does not support any form of music transfer to your watch anymore.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes