Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnePlus 6 and Versa compatibility

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a OnePlus 6 and I'm having issues properly synching my Versa with it. 

Like many others on Android devices, it doesn't work ALL the time. 

It does sync a few times a day and that's enough to have most data in the app, but I cannot get reliable notifications. 

I'm using "Always Connected" and "Keep-Alive Widget" but still.

This device was sold in millions....sad to see that Fitbit gives compatibility with the OnePlus One only, a device released 4 years ago....no time to test the 3, 3T, 5, 5T and now 6?

The OnePlus 5, 5T and 6 and now running the very last release of Android 8.1 and they should also move to Android P, 

I have the feeling that these issues are mostly related to the OS rather than anything else. 

Let's keep in mind that the processor used in the last OnePlus is a Snapdragon 845, and Snapdragon 835 in the 5T. And the processor is hosting the Bluetooth on these platforms. So any Google Pixel device and all other "flagship" phones (from Samsung, LG, Xiaomi, Sony....) will use the same controller....

The Versa is great and they have sold a lot of them (over 1 million), but if this is only for people to realize they have issues unless they own an iPhone that was "properly" tested....that will get back to fitbit.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Currently using: Fitbit Versa, Fitbit Alta HR
Current Phone: OnePlus 6 running Android 8.1
Used: Fitbit Alta, Fitbit Blaze, Fitbit Flex
Best Answer
56 REPLIES 56

Is there an ETA on when certain devices will be supported? I need an new phone with my iPhone dying. I want an android now, but it seems fitbit is only supporting quite old models. Would be awesome to have a roadmap on when which models will be supported. I can wait a little, but at least I want to know the timeframe.

Best Answer

Sorry to hear there's no concrete plans to fix this compatibility issue. Another one plus 6 user here, bought my versa yesterday. was willing to give it a shot but hearing it may not happen for a while I'm thinking about returning it. As others have said, one plus phones are extremely popular, and you are losing a lot of potential clients. 

Best Answer

I'm about 3 months into mine I have a OnePlus 6 and Versa and what I'm having is when I go out and excerise I select run.. About 2-3 weeks ago the issue started happening where when I start the app it says "Connecting" and then when it does connect it doesn't always stay connected on my run which gives me incorrect data at the end or nothing at all.

I have found that if I restart my Bluetooth it will connect but not 100% of the time...

I'm really disappointed that there's been no updates on this to fix it...

Luckily I bought mine at Target using RedCard gives me 120 days to return it which I will be end up doing, I don't want to have to "WORK" with my watch to get it to work..

Best Answer
0 Votes

I own also Oneplus 6 and sync is ok only Oneplus 6 and Versa GPS connection not working. I have try many things but right now there is no solution.

iphone 13 mini, Oneplus 8, Versa 3 | Retired: Flex (2x), Charge HR, Charge 2, Versa SE
Best Answer
0 Votes

Seen that issue as well. I'll see.how it goes when we get Android P in a week or two and if things don't improve, I'll sell my Versa. Last huge issue has been not being able to listen to music as the Fitbit app is permanently turning on and off the bluetooth in order to try to sync. The silence of Fitbit support on the issue clearly shows they are focusing on iOS support rather then Android on which they have a very minimal support.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm disappointed to say that although my Blaze has been working just fine with my OnePlus 6 since I bought it back in May, as soon as I updated to Android Pie on Thursday night it has not anymore. It's upsetting that I'm happy with my phone, happy with my smart watch, both of which are critical to my daily use, and suddenly they break connectivity with each other. Anyone have a good OnePlus fitness tracking alternative?

Best Answer
0 Votes

what version android with oneplus 6 you use? android 8.1 or new 9?

iphone 13 mini, Oneplus 8, Versa 3 | Retired: Flex (2x), Charge HR, Charge 2, Versa SE
Best Answer
0 Votes
Just updated to 9, was previously on 8.1. Should it work now?
Best Answer
0 Votes
It worked fine with 8.1, but upgraded to 9 and it stopped working
Best Answer

It was working fine with 8.1, upgraded to 9 and it stopped working. Went through all the steps with support and still not working, and they said it's not compatible with my unaupporuns phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes
No wasn't working for me on 8.1 either. What a pity, got my hopes up that
it might work with the 9 but it won't sync either.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I didn't have any problems with the Oneplus 6, until last week when I updated my phone. Now I am unable to connect due to bluetooth issues.

I am getting pretty tired of Fitbit tbh, first the sp02 false advertising and now this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@neilhunt1 wrote:

It was working fine with 8.1, upgraded to 9 and it stopped working. Went through all the steps with support and still not working, and they said it's not compatible with my unaupporuns phone.

Have had same issue more than three times in past updates and tired of this. However I was able to make it work each time guys. Fitbit should better start working on Android version else people won't stay. 

Try below :

1. Remove the device in your Fitbit app.

2. Remove the device in the Bluetooth added devices. 

3.Terminate both (fitbit app and Bluetooth session) in Android.

4. Try adding device again (and take a long breathe) 

For me above works everytime I have issues with this **ahem** Fitbit Versa. Doesn't work first time  but eventually works in 3rd or 4th go. Give a shot. 

Best Answer

android 8.1 with one version before now fitbit app work fine. also android 9 one version before latest was better with oneplus 6. now i have same problem with syncing issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also lost bluetooth sync on my Versa after upgrading the OnePlus 6 from Android 8.1 to 9. Removing the device in the app then bluetooth, then reconnecting the device in bluetooth then the app worked for me too. I don't think losing the bluetooth connection after a major OS upgrade on the phone is all that surprising. I did try removing the device in just the app and adding it again. That didn't work. If this happens again I'll try first removing and re-adding the device in just the bluetooth settings to see if that's good enough.

@Ankit-Katyal wrote:

Try below :

1. Remove the device in your Fitbit app.

2. Remove the device in the Bluetooth added devices. 

3.Terminate both (fitbit app and Bluetooth session) in Android.

4. Try adding device again (and take a long breathe) 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My OnePlus 6 has the same issues.  Have spoken with OnePlus and they say that they're not compatible with OnePlus but are with Samsung (very helpful!).  Feel quite cross that I wasn't made aware of this when I upgraded to my OnePlus 6 which is a great phone but now frustrating because of the Fitbit issues.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have sold my Versa. After 6 years using a Fitbit. Using an Amazfit Bip
for 44€ tht never misses a push...
Best Answer
0 Votes

Works fine on iPad... it is just the Android app. that does not function. Shouldn't be beyond you Fitbit!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@acrias wrote:
Thank your for your reply. Do you have any estimation when this issue will
be resolved. I mean when oneplus6 will be fully compatible phone? The thing
is that the only compatible phone from oneplus is the oneplus one. Other
oneplus models are selling a lot and is not a phone that can be ignored

Thank you in advanced

After upgrading to Android Pie and removing the Versa from fitbit app and re-adding it seems that versa is working fine. I have managed to successfully upgrade the firmware automatically from the phone to the latest one .19 and everything seems to be working fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

3 days having the latest Versa firmware update the sync between oneplus 6 with Android Pie is working just fine and no issues noticed

Best Answer
0 Votes