Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opinions on Versa for purchasing decision

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I have a Blaze which I love but would like more clock faces which I know will not be coming now....I might be in the minority here but I don't like the way the Versa looks at all. I am a female and the styling does not work for me...square circle is kinda ugly and the bands don't work for me either.. IMO...granted I don't want to pay $300 for an Ionic either....hoping to catch one on sale....anyone else upgrading from Blaze to one of these choices?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
90 REPLIES 90

I feel the same way with the "clashing"! For example, I ordered the $229 charcoal special edition. I won't be able to wear any of the metal bands (unless they make one) because the colors would not match. With the leather bands, the congoc option does not have silver or black in the buckle, it's brown, so problem solved for me 🙂

Fitbit Ionic adidas edition ¦ iPhone X ¦ MacOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

I pre-ordered the special edition graphite color from Amazon! I was going to get the regular edition Silver colored one, as I really don't care for or use these smart pay features on my phone or anything. But then I was drawn in by the beautiful cloth straps for the special edition! I was really torn, because I definitely don't need Fitbit pay functionality, but then the cloth strap looked really nice! Was it worth $30 more?? That was the tough question for me! But then, extra Fitbit pay feature may be useful at some point + the strap was beautiful... so I finally bit the bullet and went for it!

Best Answer

I'm right there with you @datalore....black or silver...that is the question! Will wait to see in person before I make a choice!

Best Answer

Noticed your post. hope you dont mind a question. You said you had an Ionic for 6 months and I was suprised you are considering buying another of the same brand.

I recently tried a Ionic ans sent it back. So many bugs and would do something one minute and not the next. Plus had to use the app mostly with my iphone since it would not work very well with windows 10.

Even tried to install a new clock face. Simple enough. But said it failed to do that. Then it shows up on the watch the next day. Last 2 hours then crashed.

So anyway seems by reviews a lot of this is common. But could I have just gotten a bad one?

Was just going to get a apple watch for dependability. But I am not 100% sure. Since I really did like the fitbit a lot when it worked. And loved much longer battery life.

Do you use windows 10 or had any problems since you have had one much longer?

Thanks for any suggestions

Best Answer
0 Votes

Something to consider if torn between the SE or the Classic, if your bank is not supported with the Fitbit Pay, it will be a feature you can't use.  I realize that down the line that could change. 

https://www.fitbit.com/fitbit-pay/banks

Also, remember that if you shop at places that don't even give you the ability to use the Fitbit Pay function, it's pointless to spend the extra money to have a feature you can't use.

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2236/?q=bank+apps&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

Best Answer
0 Votes

@litetaker that's exactly what I was thinking... $30 in the case I *might* want to use the Fitbit pay option in the future... but since the special edition comes with the black strap as well, it kind of pays for itself because that's what I would have paid for a second watch strap (which appears won't ship out until May at this point).  Now it's just a matter of who I want to pre-order from to get it to me the fastest! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kimbernada what did you end up deciding on?  I'm kind of on the same page as you - however, I'm leaning towards the special edition just because you never know if you want to use the NFC option some day... but the additional $30 also comes with an extra set of black silicone straps, so in essence, you're breaking even if you planned on buying a second set of straps.  My dilemma now is to figure out WHO to preorder through!  I live in Hawaii and Amazon is SUPER slow to the islands. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Honulii, well... I originally ordered the graphite special edition (because I think graphite will go with almost any color band). Then I canceled that and ordered the regular silver. HOWEVER, now I'm thinking of going with the SE graphite. Why? Well... what if an app designer finds a nifty way to use that NFC chip for something else? The chip in my previous phone (S7) could connect with my "old" camera via NFC. I can't remember what it did, maybe transfer data? AAAAAAaaargh!!!!!!!

Best Answer

I've been ordering/canceling from Amazon because of the less expensive extra warranty price difference. A 3 year warranty for the non-Special Edition is $19.99 (covers accidental damage) and a 3 year warranty for the Special Edition is $29.99. (Or is it $26.99?) 

I think you'd get the Versa quicker via Fitbit. Amazon shows an April 16 release date.

Best Answer

@Kimbernada  Hahaha, you sound like me!!  

Amazon is funny here in Hawaii, it will take up to 2 weeks for them to SHIP an item, but it will come 2 days after ship date.  I used to live in the states - I miss my 2-day Prime!  I'm leaning towards pre-ordering and doing pickup in store at Best Buy or through Fitbit and crossing my fingers maybe it will get here a day earlier than launch!

Anyhow, I seem to upgrade my Fitbits every couple of years, so the warranty is not something I'd be interested in purchasing.  I've had to replace a faulty Fitbit a couple of times in the 5 years I've been a Fitbit wearer and as long as it was within a year of purchase, I've had great experiences with Fitbit customer service and getting a replacement.  Good chance that by the time the Versa gives up on me, I'll be upgrading to the newest thing they have!

I think I'm going to go with the SE Rose Gold watch.  I usually like to change out my bands and would spend another $30 on a second set anyways, so the SE just guarantees I will have 2 sets to start off with, so I justify that as just breaking even. 

I'm excited.  April 16th can't come soon enough 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I myself decided to pay the extra and go with apple. Just need something that works all the time and with windows 10.

But wanted to mention and remind people that have a Amazon Visa or some other cards. If bought with that card they add a year to a warranty.  So you get not one but two at no extra cost.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you know which cards do that ? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Steve69, I know we're getting off the original topic - but what are the issues with Windows that everyone speaks of?  Is it just syncing using the dongle?  Music? Other than the help forums, I usually do all syncing and tracking using my Android phone so my experience with computers & the Fitbit have been limited.

I have the Amazon Visa - does the warranty only work if you purchase thru Amazon?

I'm personally looking primarily for fitness tracker that has the added bonus of some smartwatch features, so that's why I'm upgrading to the Versa.  I do have a good number of friends who have the Apple Watch and love it.  All of them primarily purchased it for the smartwatch features and the fitness aspects are secondary.  Having to take it off and charge it nightly wouldn't work for me (besides the fact that I'd have to switch over to an Apple phone).  I wish you the best of luck with your switchover! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

On the Visa it does not matter where you buy.  It is one of those extra bonus that come with a lot of different Visa cards I have had over the years. Most never use it. They might notice it is a benefit when they sign up. But then forget about it. 

I dont know all the problems with win 10. But never could get it to sync manually trying with win 10 on my two PC's. It would try and fail. But then the next day or hours later I would try again.  I still could not do it. But it would say the last sync was something like 30 minutes ago. And it must have because the info was there.

Another example. Tried to install a new clock face. It looked like it failed and I gave up. The next afternoon it just vibrates once and surprise the new clock face is installed.

Then two hours later the watch freezes with a message something about a bad clock-face.

Also found a lot of the written instructions had errors. Steps were missing or it told you to take steps not needed. That sort of verified that if they cant get the instructions right there is not much hope for the software.

Overall not dependable and somethings would work now but not an hour later. Or the other way around.  And seems to be common with others. 

I have an Iphone but really never cared for apple products and considered them overpriced for what you get. But right now it is really the only option if you want dependability and not a lot of extra aggravation in your life.

If I had not like the Ionic so much it would have maybe been less agravating. If that makes sense. Never needed a smatwatch to begin with. But one reason was I found a good sale for just less than 200. I can be on the frugal side sometimes. But love a deal and figured a good time to try one.

And a friend has the cheaper one and liked it.  I think the cheaper model maybe bettter since they dont do as much. Maybe less complicated hardware or software.

And then a few days with the fitbit got me spoiled. As to how nice it would be to have one that really works.

Maybe better if it had not worked at all. I would have returned it and probably never bought or tried another smart watch.

I now will pay a little over 300. for the appplewatch. It does way morethan I need.  But I can honestly say that due to how much I could have liked the fitbit, ease of use, battery life and not a huge fan of apple. That I would have now paid 400.  for a Fitbit over apple if I could get the same quality and dependability.

Hopeful years from now another company buys out fitbit and takes over development and quality. Would not take much for them to take over the best spot from apple. As long as the bad fitbit rep does not continue growing.

Anyways my story and opinion for what little it is worth to anyone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You just have to call or look online.  Pull up your type of card and look under benefits.

One of those things you did see when you signed up for the card but did not pay any attention to.

Most just look for the interest rate and any other cost.

Everyone forgets the extended warranty. Helps them sell cards and does not cost them much this way.

A lot will also give you 120 days if you buy something and gets stolen,. Or you do what I FELT like doing with the fitbit.  Put it on your driveway and run over it. Things any warranty usually will not cover.

Over the years I have had over 5 different visa cards and I think all of them had this. But some would just double the original warranty. So if you bought an item with a 90 day warranty it only added another 90.

Had a neighbor with a washing machime that was pissed. One week past the year manufacturer warranty it burned up. He had just paid 550.00 for the repair since warranty just expired. Told him about this. Called his visa company they had him mail a copy of repair bill and paid him back for the repair. 

Best Answer

@litetaker This is definitely me. I’ve wondered the same and went for the cloth. Haha. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue, I saw the peach and fell in love with it. But then I realized it doesn’t really go with what I typically wear so should I go with the black? Which I also really love... then I heard that you can’t use Fitbit pay and like Starbucks unless you have the SE but tbh I think the colours are kinda ugly and to pay $30 more?! Yikes

sarah, usa | versa, charge hr (retired)
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is "NFC"?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Contactless payment

Best Answer