Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Owners of Blaze / Iconic -- Are the aluminum cases prone to scratches?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but I'm not familiar with the similarities between the materials used on the Iconic / Blaze & the Versa.

Does anyone have either of those models, & if so, how has the aluminum held up? Are the colored aluminum models (rose gold, black, graphite) more prone to visible scratches than the silver?

I ordered the Silver Versa but my heart wants the Graphite SE... only reason I didn't get it was the concern over scratches showing. Now I'm having second thoughts.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It is true to the images, much darker than the silver. Not 100% seamless, the back Versa would be 100% seamless. Hope that helps.

Marci | Bellevue, WA

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hi @nmo9 I have an Ionic (charcoal), had it since Oct and I wear it daily. Thus far, no scratched to the finish or the screen. If you love the graphite, you should go for it! 

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer

Thanks, @MarciM! You make a good case for the charcoal... now I just need to decide if I want to risk being put at the back of the line by changing my order to the SE. Also hesitant to spend the additional $30, but I guess that's life!

Appreciate your insight!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Another question about the charcoal, if you don't mind... does the color in real life look true to the images on their site?

I noticed in some of the outdoor shots, the charcoal looks just as bright as the silver. I can't tell if that's just finicky lighting or what. The reason I like the charcoal is that the transition between the aluminum & the black screen looks more seamless. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is true to the images, much darker than the silver. Not 100% seamless, the back Versa would be 100% seamless. Hope that helps.

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer

I have one little scratch on the casing of my Ionic but you can't notice it unless you are looking at just the right angle in the right light and I've had it since the day it was released.

?
Best Answer

Thank you again, @MarciM! I am glad to hear it. I tend to be a very indecisive person when making purchases, but I just took the plunge & re-ordered the charcoal. Appreciate your help.

And thanks for the insight, @Cantryboy

Best Answer
0 Votes

thanks for asking this question-it was my same thought and I have a preorder in for the silver as well. Looks like that's gonna change.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@kkjacobsen — it's tough to make a decision. I really want whatever I choose to last a long time, but I also want to love how it looks. For me, that was the deciding factor. 

Another game-changer was when I realized the band that comes with the silver version is pretty light (almost white in some photos online); I've read that light colored bands can stain easily. With the charcoal, you get two options, both much darker than the silver band.

Just a quick heads up, if you do decide to go with the charcoal, you may have to place a new order, rather than updating your existing one. The Fitbit.com agent told me they can only update your order if the price of your item remains the same.

Best Answer
0 Votes