Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please restore Music app for Versa 3

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was so excited to get my new Versa 3 today after waiting for months only to realize that you disabled the music app so that users can't download playlists from iTunes. This seems like a shameless money grabbing partnership with Deezer, Spotify, and Pandora.

Please rectify this and reactivate the Music app for the Versa 3. Show some loyalty to your users and fans.

Best Answer
38 REPLIES 38

yes i feel the same 

they should allow local music to be transferred from PC to the watch 

especially here in India where we have no other option of offline music since Deezer and Pandora is not available 

hopefully they bring the update as this is a deal breaker for me 

Best Answer

I was actually going to buy the watch on release date. This was the last important feature that I wanted. WIthout it, it is a showstopper. Whenever this feature arrives to the watch, I will buy it immediately.

Best Answer

I would recommend everyone to vote for this feature request which requests adding back in the ability to store personal music which was available for the earlier Versa watches and the Ionic.   The specific request is for the Sense, but rather than splitting the vote, and adding a new request for the Versa, I would recommend giving it a thumbs up and then adding in the comments section that you would like this to apply to the Versa 3 as well.

The moderators feed back to the developers popular suggestions.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Yes I would have thought it had personal music download also it was on verda 2 why take it off the versa three. To your point make you buy something else.

Best Answer

Yes,  I was excited to get the new Versa 3  until I could not add my personal playlists to the watch.    I'm now considering returning the watch as this was the feature that I was looking for in the watch.   They did advertise that you could do your personal music on the watch.   I do not want to pay for Deezer and Spotify as the cost to have these apps add up over time.     I do not create playlists from ITunes but create them manually on my PC  and then transfer them to my phone to listen to the playlists.   

Best Answer

I was also excited to get my Versa 3 yesterday. Many great features. I had a Charge 3 previously. But it has taken much googling and searching to discover that this top-of-the-line Versa won't download music that I have purchased that is on my Mac and Iphone. It will play music from my phone, but what is the point of that if my phone needs to be nearby - I can just connect my phone to bluetooth and listen. I don't always want to carry my phone while out walking. I am also disappointed that apparently you can't have both a Charge 3 and a Versa 3 on your account to switch between. Apparently this is not the case for all Fitbits. 

Best Answer

I agree, huge disappointment.  I had a blaze and my wife has the ionic, thought I would upgrade to the versa 3 and get both the gps and the music storage (jealous of her being able to listen to the ionic on walks), so I was very surprised to learn upon arrival that the music app is mia.  I will be calling to return this tomorrow.  What is even crazier is that I chatted with customer support online and they never told me that it wasn't an option on this device, they seemed as confused as me. I only found out coming to these forums, so thank you community.  My wife and I have been loyal fitbit customers for a long time.  Maybe this is goodbye.    

Best Answer

I use I-Tunes also, I do not subscribe to any monthly service. They need to put I-Tunes and other music Apps on this watch.

Best Answer

It's shameful that they'd omit this feature for the Versa 3, when it has been on previous versions including the Versa 2. Definitely a shameless money grab. I already pay for Spotify Premium, and will NOT pay for Deezer just so I can download music onto the watch. In fact, it's ridiculous that I can't download my Spotify playlists! At least let us have onboard music so we can upload our old-school .mp3 and .mp4 song files that we *also* paid for many moons ago!

Best Answer

vote for this option please. there is already one for Sense.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Save-personal-music-on-Versa-3/idi-p/4474372

Best Answer

Chatted with customer service this morning -

Me:I wish to no as many people have complained about this issue is it something that will be looked at or shall i just take it back for a refund as it clearly doesnt do what i expected
Me:know*
Me:The initial adverts didn's state that a subscription service would be required and as the box doesnt state that either i believe your advertising to be pretty misleading
I totally understand and we apologize for the confusion, I'm going to leave the notes on the case so our team can check that.
By the way, after our chat, you will receive a brief survey to rate my service. Is there anything else you'd like me to check for you?
If you could give me some kind of timescale to when i could receive a response that would be grateful. I only bought it yesterday but plan to return it unless i know wether or not there is plans to do anything about this issue
I totally understand Peter, however, since this is how the device is designed, I don't think they would be able to do something, sorry.
Me:they had it on the versa 2 surely its a programmeable issue they can work around.
:No Peter, since the system is different with the Versa 2 and Versa 3, that's why I'm telling you that there is nothing we can do to allow your device store music.
Me:so the only option is to take it back for a refund?
:Yes Peter.
Me:ok , thanks for the honest answer at least.
:No problem Peter and again we apologize for the misunderstanding.
:By the way, after our chat, you will receive a brief survey to rate my service. Is there anything else you'd like me to check for you?
Me:No thankyou thats all i wanted to know.
Alex SJ:Okay Peter, It has been a pleasure assist you today.
Alex SJ:Hope you have a great day and stay safe and healthy.
If you'd like to save our chat transcript you can click "Save chat" button in your chat window. Thank you for contacting Fitbit. Have a great day!
To end this chat, please go ahead and click End Chat. Once you do, the survey will appear.

More interested in getting feedback about how he handled the query. Not sure the ability to store your own music will be added.

Versa 3 returned for refund such a shame.

Best Answer

Well this is sad. 😞 I was truly hoping that there would be a software (firmware?) update to allow for .mp3/4 music storage. Sounds like this isn't the case. I will have wasted a ton of time and energy setting up my Versa 3, only to have to factory reset it so I can return it. Ugh... so frustrating. What a way to lose a Fitbit customer. This was my first FB purchase and I can't say that I'd give this company another shot in future. 

Best Answer

I was due to buy the Versa 3 on release day but thankfully read a review stating that local music was not possible - hoped it was a mistake or a feature that could be added at a later date but it sounds like Fitbit will be losing another customer. What a crazy decision.

Best Answer

Me too. Same reason that brings me to switch from Charge 3 to versa 3 ! 

So bad that I found the watch is only a remote to Soptify...

Best Answer

Yesterday ( 29 Dec 2020) my wife who is using Versa2 gifted me with Versa 3. We always loved to offline storage Music app at versa 2 which will allow to keep away phone while at gym or outdoor activity. But fit bit instead of an upgrade they actually degraded when moved to Versa 3 by removing their well known feature. Only If I am looking fitbit as activity tracker, why should I pay a hefty money where I could purchase Mi band for  25 $ which may give 5 % less accurate than fitbit and that error margin is okay since I am not going for any Olympics. 

I am not a fan of apple ecosystem, I loved scalability of Android family. But now I cant find any better alternative for iWatches in Andriod segment. Only Oppo is having beautiful watch (apple copy, but who cares copy or clone , quality matters) even though still missing with latest snapdragon 4100 processor. Really confused now what to take next. But once thing is very clear, I will be returning Versa 3 in a day.

Best Answer

I was so excited to get the Versa 3 only to find out that I gained some features but lost the coolest part of Versa 2 and that was to be able to play music from my watch to headset. What the heck?! I wish I read I had read the reviews as I would not have purchased the Versa 3 if I knew this.

Best Answer

I also just fell victim to Fitbit Versa 3 failing to add a music player for local playback. Very sneaky advertising that looks like you can listen to music without your phone, but then you buy it and are forced to pay £156 per year for the cheapest plan just to be able to leave my phone at home when I run? No thank you! I don't understand their logic not to include their own player. Apparently it was a feature on the Versa 2, but that has no GPS. They fixed one problem and then created another one. VERY unhappy about this. You can buy an mp3 player for £5 (probably costs 50p to make) yet a £200 watch can't include it. Seems like they have cut a deal with Spotify and Deezer to con the customers out of even more money. Or maybe they will get all of the suckers like me to buy this one and then release another model that has both (pretty sure a software update would solve this though). I will not be keeping the watch as it is pointless to have if I have to take my phone with me when I run, and doesn't look like FitBit have any alternatives with music and GPS. Any recommendations? I heard that Amazfit were quite good and a good price.

Best Answer

Not Spotify as the app only acts as a remote and you still need to carry your phone with you.  Also Spotify playlists can not be loaded onto the watch.  Seems the deal was done with Pandora and Deezer as they are the only services which are able to access internal storage.

Best Answer

3 Choices

1. Versa 2 music, cheap and reliability but no GPS without phone 

2. Versa 3 GPS expensive, still being debugged and no music without expensive subscriptions

3. Another brand with music and GPS but lose 5 years of data

When I analyse it like that I'm not sure why I'm using a Versa 3, I guess I'm being an optimist and hoping Fitbit will fix Versa 3

Any updates Fitbit??

Versa 3 taking me from user to technician 1 sync at a time
Best Answer
0 Votes