Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please restore Music app for Versa 3

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was so excited to get my new Versa 3 today after waiting for months only to realize that you disabled the music app so that users can't download playlists from iTunes. This seems like a shameless money grabbing partnership with Deezer, Spotify, and Pandora.

Please rectify this and reactivate the Music app for the Versa 3. Show some loyalty to your users and fans.

Best Answer
38 REPLIES 38

Weird. I spoke to two Fitbit peps yesterday after falling victim to the same scam by Fitbit on my new Versa 3. 

The first said that there was an update waiting on my watch and it would all be fixed (using MapMyRun & adding local music) after this update.
The second said that they would report the issue and directed me to these pages. He said that it is not an option now (obviously) but they are constantly working to resolve these issues and that it could be resolved by a software update. 

I unfortunately put too much faith in Fitbit and kept the watch for too long to return it (although I'm still going to try). I just need 2 main features GPS to track my runs and sync to Strava and MMP; and music so I can leave my phone at home. I don't understand why this is such a strange notion to FitBit. I think most runners would feel better and safer if they didn't have to carry their large expensive phones out when they run; and from my experience most runners like to listen to music or something whilst they run.

I also just fell victim to Fitbit Versa 3 failing to add a music player for local playback. Very sneaky advertising that looks like you can listen to music without your phone, but then you buy it and are forced to pay £156 per year for the cheapest plan just to be able to leave my phone at home when I run? No thank you! I don't understand their logic not to include their own player. Apparently it was a feature on the Versa 2, but that has no GPS. They fixed one problem and then created another one. VERY unhappy about this. You can buy an mp3 player for £5 (probably costs 50p to make) yet a £200 watch can't include it. Seems like they have cut a deal with Spotify and Deezer to con the customers out of even more money. Or maybe they will get all of the suckers like me to buy this one and then release another model that has both (pretty sure a software update would solve this though). I will not be keeping the watch as it is pointless to have if I have to take my phone with me when I run, and doesn't look like FitBit have any alternatives with music and GPS. Any recommendations? I heard that Amazfit were quite good and a good price.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Hi @Jo386 the Versa 3 does have GPS built in and already syncs to Strava and Map My Run / Ride etc.  The only thing is doesn't have, which I agree is a ridiculous business decision, is the ability to store personal music and you are forced to take out a premium subscription in order to do do.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got my Versa 3 so annoyed that I carnt transfer my music and I don’t want to download Spotify or Deezer so what’s the point I still will have to take my phone with me very annoyed 😠 

Any suggestion 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@carr275  Yes you are correct you will have to take your phone with you and play music direct from phone unless you buy Deezer.

Spotify subscription still requires a phone. All you get is an onscreen remote on your Versa 3. Most headsets for phones let you do that anyway.

Versa 3 taking me from user to technician 1 sync at a time
Best Answer
0 Votes

If I have to carry my phone with me to play music I will clearly play my music from my phone.  Not being able to play offline music on the watch makes the music feature pointless.  I know Deezer has offline capability but I don't want to pay another £10 a month for that.  Poorly thought out.  I think a tiny MP3 player will continue to be the best option. Disappointing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I completely agree, they should let you be able to put your own music on the watch like the versa 2. I think there is a lot of people who agree and want this option as well. 

Best Answer

This is an absolute deal-breaker for a modern "smart" device. They knew people would hate this and be driven to other products, but their greedy asses did it anyway.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If Fitbit had a licensing deal with Spotify and Deezer which allowed them to retail the Versa 3 at a lower price point than they would otherwise be able to, a certain amount of openness about that would help customers understand the reason why there has been a reduced function from previous models.  

Some people has speculatated that there is a performance issue but I doubt that if you can use Spotify or Deezer.

The Versa 3 is a great wearable but hopefully Fitbit are listening, and the Versa 4 will allow the transfer and playback of offline mp3.

Best Answer

If there's storage space on the device to load Deezer and Pandora playlists for offline play, then there's clearly storage available that could be used for whatever users would desire to put there. The windows compatibility some people mention doesn't hold water because files could easily be transferred from any device with any OS over wifi or bluetooth. Same goes...if it can accept playable music files from Deezer and Pandora, the technology is clearly in the device to handle that process. And the files it sends are utter crap. I would much prefer to have a smaller number of songs with reasonable audio quality than the low-grade crap that Deezer loads onto my device. It just sounds awful. I think it must be a shady licensing thing. Feels very much like fitbit gets a kickback on this for forced exclusivity. A little bit like how Google's Chromecast used to block out Amazon services and vice versa but with a third-party device. I sure miss the days of buying physical products that didn't require multiple subscriptions just to use their features.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I chose my first wearable device, I chose Fitbit Versa 2 over other brands' because Fitbit Versa 2 had built-in music app with local storage for songs.  My Versa 2 died after exactly 2 years.  I recently purchased Versa 3.  I was excited that it has GPS built-in; though I am not thrilled after testing the GPS feature by walking on the sidewalk around the neighborhood, and Fitbit GPS track path inaccurately showed that I walked into my neighbor's and my own yards.  This morning tried to load music onto Versa 3 so I can go running without my phone but only to realize that Fitbit's own music app is not available.

I am really disappointed.  I will return Versa 3, and look for other options.

Best Answer
That’s the same for me sent it back should be informed about the music not very good Fitbit I was so annoyed 😠

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Integration with Deezer is not functional, Spotify uses versa only as a remote control (i.e. you can't take your songs on the run), and Pandora is just an option I am not interested in. So no music. I used to swear by fitbit and returned an apple watch 3 in favour of the versa 3 (they cost about the same in canada) only to discover that it is a dud. Loyalty is waning..

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have no option for pandora music as it is only available in the US. I think fitbit will lose buyers as a result of this as it is a major feature for most people.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Users are requesting this features since ages but Mods will ask you to make a feature request, vote for it and keep the thread active.

These threads about Music are very active and feature requests are there, pretty sure we have few duplicates on the topic, below is just an example
https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Versa-3/Absence-of-own-downloaded-music-on-fitbit-versa3/m-p/4969476...
This is a lost battle as the OP mentioned, it's all about "shameless money grabbing partnerships" and "false" advertising. It was not a technical issue since the functionality was present and removed.

Any other brand you would recommend in order to store music physically on the watch ?

Best Answer

Agreed. The strategy: I'm going to casually begin reviewing this item on all the electronics stores that I use to make more users aware of the issue. My reviews will not be very flattering.

Best Answer

@BitzerBoonga  Welcome to the fight club 🙂

Best Answer
Good 😊 x

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Totally agree.  What a disappointment in the versa 3.  Why do we have to pay an extra fee for pandora or Spotify for a feature that was free on my previous versa. Ripoff or collusion between these vendors

Best Answer

Reading these comments about the Versa 3 and lack of the music app is very disappointing.   I will not be subjected to a subscription for music.  I will be returning yhe Versa 3 and keep my Versa 2 so I can have my own music.

Best Answer
0 Votes