Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: 4/24 - Issues with setup, syncing, and App Gallery

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 04/25/18: We have rolled out a fix and all Fitbit Versa and Fitbit Ionic users should now be able to use their devices normally. If you continue to encounter difficulty with syncing or setup, please consult these help resources:

Fitbit Update 04/24/2018: We are working to resolve an issue affecting Fitbit Versa and Fitbit Ionic that is impacting syncing, setup and firmware updates, music transfer, the Weather app, and downloading apps/clock faces from the App Gallery. Thanks for your patience!

Best Answer
1,008 REPLIES 1,008

I’m having the same issue 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Patience is a very desirable virtue!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner sadly something I have little of when spending this amount of money on something that so far for the entire time I have owned it has not functioned 🙂 and that started before the red banner 😉

Best Answer

Well, it does not say anything about it causing the setup to fail. I literary just took the watch out of the box and followed the instructions. I even tried to factory reset 2 times now. Before coming here. And frankly that RED message does not say anything about the SETUP process being broken. As a programmer I can imagine it break that too...but write that then!

Best Answer

In fairness, most of us probably didn't notice your comment until after we each submitted our own. We were all posting around the same time, after all. Dude.

Best Answer
0 Votes

LOOKS LIKE THE ISSUE HAS BEEN FIXED! 

I just changed my clock face!

can anyone test this out? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The red notice says nothing about "Clock Error" on the watch itself. It's only referring to the phone App and sync issues. Not that the watch itself is so far useless, except for counting the steps (according to the box in red)

Best Answer

Yes. I am also able to access clocks now.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Me too! Thanks Fitbit developers.

Now if you could just sort the apps as well please, I will be able to fully use my new watch
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner, I did see that notice and referred to it in a later comment on this thread, but the original notice only cited issues with syncing — it didn't mention anything about the App Gallery. Apparently the notice was amended when they became aware of other issues. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah seems to be resolved.. my clock.face just came on. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've also been having issues syncing since day one. Have had to reboot and reset everything constantly. The tweak that seemed to work for me is I had two Fitbit devices listed in my Fitbit config. I had an old FitBit one in there from along time ago, it wasn't used but in there. As soon as I deleted it my versa has been working since. Just thought I'd mention it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. I've had 4 Fitbit devices (including scale) listed on Bluetooth and while all are not being used for tracking at one time they have all synced when I've synced the active tracker. I shouldn't have to take them all off for Versa. Versa is an add and Fitbit should be pleased I have used so many successfully.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I deleted all old fitbit to no avail. 😕😕 Returned versa today. Very sad
as it was a treat to myself for making goal. Got an Alta HR and will
continue to carry phone around, which is what I was hoping to get away
from.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here on Android Oreo. The watch gallery and even "My Watchface" has constant issues. For a few hours it acted as if I didn't have any watch face selected. That's not even possible so for it to get into that state is perplexing.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. I had already deleted my old tracker and still having issues. Hope they get it figured out. Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My update using wifi and it work fine at the beginning. After few hours the sync start to fail and I keep getting messages to restart my phone... Quite disappointing on fitbit when working with Android.. I had a charge HD and also having same problem when sync with android. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@NellyG wrote:

Unfortunately I cant see your Huawei phone on the Supported Devices List. I know there arebissues with the Huawei phones syncing with Fitbits so I thinknthatbis the source of your problems. I think there is nothing you can do about it appart from trying the standard troubleshoots (see the links below) and see if any make the connection more reliable.

Why wont my tracker Sync?

Troubleshooting Notifications

Let us know how you go 

Tried all the methods still no luck 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

hi all. I just got a Versa. Changing clock faces is a drag: the App (iPhone) simply halts without actually showing the gallery, after I press "Pick a Clock". But in those rare moments when choices come up, pressing "View all" for the fitbit alternatives show an error message. Very buggy! Is it the iOS App? (updated today)? Or is it the gallery for Versa that is buggy. It was a breeze to do it for the Blaze.

Best Answer

SAME. Ive been fighting this for hours. I deleted the app and restarted everything and finally was able to get the faces site to load but as soon as I clicked "view all" it crashed. Mine continuously says no internet connection even though I have great wifi 

Best Answer