Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reminders to move in clock face

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I would like to see the hourly activity feature on the watch face for the Versa. It is unfathomable that you can see calories but not your hourly steps. Supposedly the Versa is aimed at the mass market, in other words people who are trying to be more fit but don’t necessary exercise on a regular basis.

I think one of the greatest features for those trying to increase their activity is to do at least 250 steps each hour. And if you use this feature, you are going to be checking it probably a few times every hour. So why isn’t it on the watch face? It is available on the Charge 2 watch face. I would like some reassurance that this oversight by Fitbit will soon be remedied, otherwise I may give serious thought as to whether I keep this watch or not.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
34 REPLIES 34

I still prefer my AcidClock as it gives way more stats. And an update has just added another option to time so you can see seconds in addition to the hour and minute and, of course the day of the week and date. You can also see your resting heartbeat if you want in addition got your actual bpm, as well as  your daily steps & the total number of steps you have done in the current hour; distance walked; stairs climbed; calories burned, number of active minutes and battery level. And a line under these stats lets you know how close you are to reaching your daily goal or if you have reached it. To me, nothing beats AcidClock. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you thank you thank you!   I wasn’t able to find the TODAY and it had the movement for each hour!   Mad my day.   Just upgraded and was ticked when I couldn’t find it!  Appreciate the help! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been requesting this since the Charge 3 was released.  Being inactive, currently half of my steps each day come from reminders to move, and most of the time, that happens in a last minute dash in the last few minutes of the hour.  Without a live view of the steps left to go, RTM just doesn't work for me.  It's important enough that I've kept buying Fitbit Charge 2s until Fitbit FINALLY puts this feature in their modern watches.

At least at the time of the Charge 3, the issue was the new FitbitOS didn't support this feature - there was no API to find the number of steps during the hour, and no reliable way to get a callback exactly on the hour to keep your own math.  I was hoping that by the Charge 4 this would have changed, but the lack of steps per hour on the faces is a dead give away that it's still not working.

I get less and less time out of each Charge 2 I buy before it breaks, so I would LOVE LOVE LOVE if someone prioritized reminders to move on the new Fitbits.  I had a long discussion with the Fitbit OS 2 developers, and it basically went like this:  "Fitbit can make a good living as an Android smart watch. It doesn't need the fitness market."  My point - Fitbit is foolish to squander the fitness market - aside from email, it's the only known killer app for a smartwatch.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

(BTW, I tried using a Versa, but with the new OS, the PHONE APP was actually more responsive, so I actually had to hold my phone with the Fitbit App doing a live feed to see my steps in real time.  That's pretty sad, given the entire point of a "fitness watch" vs a "smart watch" is low latency, super high performance on your fitness goals.  No one is trying to swipe a watch while running.)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just to put in perspective how important this RTM / latency issue with the Pebble OS Fitbits are:  had Fitbit improved this aspect of the Pebble OS just a tiny bit, I'd probably own just about every new watch Fitbit makes now, instead of desperately buying Charge 2s.  I searched and searched, but couldn't find any obvious reason the hardware would lead it to be so sluggish.  One of the coolest things about the Pre-Pebble Fitbits is they were amazingly fast!  Faster than your fastest run.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Drifty,

This is my favorite face, specifically for the hourly reminder and tracking hourly goal steps.

I read on another post where you are now 'out of the business' regarding fitbit and clock face development.

I was wondering if you had any plans for your code for the Move IT! clock face?  I would love to make some changes to the face, namely to increase some of the font sizes (as after 50, your eyes seem to just... stop working!)

Have you considered releasing this as open-source? or possibly having someone take over the development?

BTW, I have the new Versa 3.  But used the previous version on my original Versa for years!

Thanks, and again, great job on this clock face.

Jason A.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am getting Clock Error on your clock face app.  I have tried both of them (Not sure what the difference in the two are?) but also switched out with another face and tried to come back to this and it's locking up on installing.  Is there an issue with your clock face and Fitbit now?  Can we expect this to be worked out between you as developer and Fitibit's firmware?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I heard from WhystleStop that she talked to Fitbit support and after restarting her device the app is working again.

Thanks to WhystleStop for the feedback!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Drifty26 Are you still around?  I see you replied to @WhystleStop to help with her issue.

I don't know if you saw my post above, asking about the future of your Move It! watch face... but I know that there are a few of us that would love to have some minor changes, etc.  I recall from another post that you are no longer using  a fitbit and therefore are probably not making any improvements to this watch face.  I wanted to talk with you to see if maybe you would be open to releasing the code, or just allowing some of us developers to help out in maintaining the watch face.  Let me know what you think!

Thanks,

Jason A.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There are already a few clock faces in the gallery that have hourly moves, such as SimpleClockPro, which has Hourly steps, Active hours so far, and Steps This Hour history for the day, and not limited to the 14 hours to move, also with multiple reminders to move.

Have a look at existing clocks.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Thank you for posting about SimpleClockPro!  Is there any way you can tag it so it is easier to find with the keyword "move" or "reminder to move"?  Your clocks seem to be exactly what I was looking for but they never came up in any of my searches!

Best Answer

@JumpinJane  - thanks!, found it with "reminders to move".

Searches can be a bit odd, as there is no way to search for "free", it returns almost all.

Best Answer
0 Votes

All clock faces by Amy show the hourly step count. I contacted her and she sent me a whole list of additional clock faces that have a step count, she was really helpful. Just search for the name Amy in the clock face search.

Best Answer

Hi @mlv-cincy  - thanks, nearly all clock faces show steps, as part of tracking activity.

The Reminders to move is different, it applies to the number of steps in the current hour.

SimpleClockPro mentioned earlier shows the number of Steps so far this hour along with giving multiple reminders to move if the 250 have not been achieved.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm mostly interested in having steps per hour
on my clock face and it doesn't seem like most have that.
Best Answer
0 Votes