Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repairs South Africa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It is ridiculous that I cannot send my fitbit in for repairs in South Africa, physically their is nothing wrong with the device not even a scratch the only problem is the screen has gone further everything works

Best Answer
72 REPLIES 72

It has nothing to do with South Africa.  There are no repair centers anywhere.

As an aside, I have no idea what you mean by "the screen has gone further ".

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

This is what i mean

image.jpg

Best Answer

It is literally just the screen that went the backlight and everything else works fine, so instead of sending it in for a screen repair I must now buy a new unit, which is the problem I have, it is like a cellphone’s screen going and then instead of replacing just the screen you must buy a new one

Best Answer

The exact same thing happened to my versa on Friday. Out of the warranty period as l have had the watch now for a year and a month. No idea where l can get it fixed

Best Answer
Hi

As far as I know their is no repair centre in South Africa, garmin is the
best choice for aftermarket assistance
Best Answer

my versa is 1 1/2 years old or a bit less.. and the screen is starting to go

during day time.. i have to setup the brightness to Normal or it gets too dark and i cant read anything
during night time.. i put the screen to Auto as normal is too bright....
I feel that i only have a month or two left with my versa 😞

I even done a factory reset in case.. it was the problem.. but no.. it is just crapping out slowly and nothing we can do.. other then start shopping for a new watch

Best Answer

Thank you. I will contact Garmin and see if they will be able to assist

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is exactly what i am trying to get sorted as well.

Versa about 1.5 year old and then one day the screen just died. Nothing works no reset, hard reset, factory reset.

Now trying to find out how to fix it and where?

Best Answer

Exact same happened to mine. Only 7 months old. Screen is just dead. I cannot even charge it. 

Best Answer

Same here. Versa just died after factory reset. Fitbit support was helpful but could do nothing. 

Best Answer

You should be able to return your watch if it is within the 12 month period. take it back to the store you bought it from with your receipt. Alternatively contact Fitbit support as they will assist with warranty issues. Do it before the 12 month period. Thereafter you are on your own.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Problem is if you out of warranty then yes you are on your own. There is no Fitbit service centre or even an accredited place to help fix issues. Will keep hunting, but sad to say that my fitbit is collecting dust now

Best Answer

This is shocking honestly!!!
I bought mine in SA April last year.
We went overseas until August.
So unfortunately I misplaced my receipt in transition.
I bought it at Dischem!

Kind regards

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought two Charge 3 on Amazon last year about May/June 2019. Now one is malfunctioning (gives the wrong time, and I cannot resynch it to my iPhone - tried everything that I could Google and also from Fitbit site) , and the other one works fine but the screen no longer works. Both Charge3 units malfunctioned on Friday, 6 March 2020. Too much of a coincidence that both should malfunction on the same day, so I'm thinking that this is a factory faults. Would appreciate it if someone could tell me where I can take my units to be repaired or replaced under guarantee / warranty.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi , my fitbit versa went flat and now it does not want to charge or go on again the screen is just black what can i do about this ? 

Best Answer

I am truly disappointed with the lack of Fitbit product after sales. I eventually had to throw both my dysfunctional fitbit Charge 3 away. I've moved over to using Garmin now and it took me a day or so to adjust to the change , but now I'm happy with Garmin. Not going back to Fitbit in a hurry.

Best Answer

I bought a Garmin. Am happy now.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Did you ever find a solution to
Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you ever find a solution to fixing your Fitbit in RSA?

Best Answer
0 Votes