Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resting heart rate reading too high

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my versa for a month or so, and up to now the heart rate seems pretty accurate, fluctuating between 59 and 61. But more recently it has started getting higher, so it was reading 69 yesterday, and 71 this morning. But I realised this was inaccurate. I don't wear it while I sleep, and when I put it on, it already said 71, while my actual rate while I was wearing it was 55 bpm. I suspect this is related to something else I have noticed - the pulse detector light seems to be on all the time, even when I am not wearing it. My old Fitbit Surge always used to turn off after about 3 seconds of no movement, and I can't remember whether the Versa used to do that too, or whether it is meant to be on all the time, even when you're not wearing it. I suspect it isn't supposed to, because it seems to be giving a false reading for my heart rate, and also it is draining the battery.

I am not sure if this means the device is faulty, or whether there is something you can do with the software to fix the problem.  Has anyone else encountered this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Try restarting the versa several times and see ifbthe HR lights will then turn off when it is stationary off your wrist. If that doesnt work try turning the watch off (settings app on the Ionic and scroll down to About) for several hours. My Ionic had the same problem with the lights staying on and restarts wouldnt fix it but turning it off and back on later did fix it. Let us know how you go 

Restart your tracker

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Try restarting the versa several times and see ifbthe HR lights will then turn off when it is stationary off your wrist. If that doesnt work try turning the watch off (settings app on the Ionic and scroll down to About) for several hours. My Ionic had the same problem with the lights staying on and restarts wouldnt fix it but turning it off and back on later did fix it. Let us know how you go 

Restart your tracker

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Thanks, that seems to have solved the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes