Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revert back to Active Minutes

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just took an update on my Versa 2 which changed active minutes to zone minutes. I don’t like this change as I am unable to view historic trends or perform comparisons. How do I revert back to active minutes? If reverting back isn’t an option, why doesn’t Fitbit calculate the conversion of historic active minutes to zone minutes. What is the point of owning a activity tracker if Fitbit changes the metric?

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

Hi Biederman,

I also was a bit dismayed that they changed the metric as I also have been tracking active minute trends since I got my first Fitbit back in February 2016.  While it is not perfect, I have a way to still get my daily "legacy" active minutes. The clock face that I use (Metal by MicroByte) displays Active Minutes.  At least as of now, it looks like it is still displaying the "old" active minutes.  I plan to record this number in my Notes app on my phone each night before bed so that I can keep trending to the massive amount of baseline data I have already collected (at least as long as it continues to pull the data into my clock face).  While not ideal, I hope this helps!

Best Answer

I am with you on this! I hate these zone minutes. They should give an option, not just what they say. Since when should anyone change the way you track fitness, without giving you a choice?

TOTAL BS

I want my active minutes back

Best Answer

I just updated and have gone from 191 active minutes to 0 active zone minutes today.  I’m so annoyed with this.  I agree, you should be given a choice on how you’d like to record activity.  Still can’t get message notifications....  I wish I could uninstall this update.  Not happy!

Best Answer

I agree I want my active minutes back, I only have 15 zone minutes today but I did an hour of bootcamp and over 10k steps not happy with this change at all.  There should be an option to choose which measurement you want. 

Best Answer

Completely agree.  I hate the new zone activity.  I went for a 3.5 mile walk yesterday - 50 minutes of vigorous walking up and down hills.  I was a sweaty mess and my Fitbit registered 2 minutes of exercise!  It just made the Fitbit useless.

Best Answer

Hi, it is very disheartening to work out and not show any zone minutes!  I wanted to mention that this is not a problem with active zone minutes per se as I have them with my Garmin trackers but instead is a function of how FitBit has chosen to calculate the active zone minutes.  The industry “standard” for cardio is 220-age x 70-85% to calculate that cardio range, above is peak and below to some extent (50 or 60%, can’t remember is fat burn).  FitBit is using a different calculation called HRR-Heart Rate Reserve which honestly is meant for athletes or something as us mere humans can rarely achieve our heart rates at those levels and honestly I don’t think it would be healthy for us to do so.

My temporary work around is:

You should be able to change the following in the app but at least on the IOS devices there is a glitch and you can’t change it.  You can change it here on your dashboard though.  

1.  Go to your dashboard above here and tap or click on the gear icon.

2. Tap on Settings

3. Scroll down to Heart Rate Zones and click on “custom”, I changed mine to 85% of my maximum heart rate (220 - age) x 85% - so for me 220 - 58 = 162 x 85% = 137.7, I rounded that number to 140 and saved.

4. Sync your app to your device and then tap on your account and scroll down to “heart health” under settings.  You should now see the updated heart rate zones.  

You can play with the numbers above until it makes sense with your medicines and overall exertion level.  Doing this for myself, my cardio zone is now 112-129 which is inline with where my older Garmin tracker puts me and now my zone minutes add up everyday with my exercise routines.

Hope that helps as a temporary fix!

Versa 2 / iPhone 8
Best Answer

I did these steps but nevertheless the 4 mile run I did at a 9mm pace this morning still doesn't register any "zone minutes." I can't stand this supposed upgrade. I'm ditching this piece of crap low end Garmin wanna-be for the real deal. So sorry I downloaded the update...ugh.

Best Answer

I don't even have an option to go to my dashboard.... Where do I find that to click on?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you set the 140 as your max?  I’m trying to figure out how to set it. I just switched to a Versa 2 yesterday & it ran the update today & I hate the zone minutes! I had 32 active minutes but after the update I lost everything...all my fat burn & my cardio I had for  the day.

D4CE97F6-285B-479E-9980-90F455A94797.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I adjusted the target zone, but the stat is just useless now.  I just want active minutes.  I don't want it weighted by intensity.  Why does FitBit screw up things that aren't broken?  Drives me nuts.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve tried adjusting it but no matter what the sync never saves 😩

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me thank you! I hate this update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

100% agree!

dont fix what isn’t broken, I had 50 active minutes before the update which has dropped to 2. My morning run was a mix of fat burn and cardio but now had dropped to below zones! Makes wearing the watch pointless, now looking to swap to an Apple Watch as it’s no use wearing this. 

Best Answer

100% agree!  Very disappointed with the new Zone minutes. My workouts are now showing almost all below zone. 

Best Answer

We shouldn’t have to manipulate the numbers!  Hate this new zone minute crap. Bring back active minutes. 

Best Answer
Roberta Frees
Nickier21@hotmail.com
Nickier21@gmail.com
Best Answer

I just changed my clock face to Fluid Arcs (free) and it gives me active minutes!

I truly hate Zone minutes and finally just changed my clock face which now gives me active minutes!!!  The one I chose was Fluid Arcs which is free.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

@njchickadeee I'm sure a clock face can't change the mobile app. You're account would still show zone minutes on the app? 

Best Answer

MarkMM  The clock face shows the amount of time spent in active minutes. It doesn't show on the cell phone mobile app but does on the computer dashboard.

Best Answer
0 Votes