Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Wake isn't working on my Versa 3

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Admittedly my first smart watch but am finding it difficult to come to terms with the need to get clock showing - by twisting wrist. Sometimes it works but often I need to twist wrist repeatedly. This is a bit annoying when you need to see time instantly - as has always been the case with normal watches. I am aware that I can use the "always on" function but this reduces battery life.

Is there any form of adjustment that can effectively make the Versa 3 more sensitive to wrist movement?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @RivyKIng, welcome to the Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear about the inconveniences you've been having with the Screen Wake feature of your Versa 3, I understand where your concern is coming from and why you're feeling annoyed. I'll be glad to help you with this.

As a first approach, if you haven't done so yet, please go to your quick settings and check that screen wake hasn't accidentally been turned off. Swipe right from the clock face on your watch to access the quick settings. Change whether the screen turns on when you turn your wrist.

If this settings is set correctly, please try restarting your Versa 3 by following these steps: How do I restart my Fitbit device?

Give this a go and let me know if the issue persists. I'll be around, keep me in the loop.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hi there @RivyKIng, welcome to the Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear about the inconveniences you've been having with the Screen Wake feature of your Versa 3, I understand where your concern is coming from and why you're feeling annoyed. I'll be glad to help you with this.

As a first approach, if you haven't done so yet, please go to your quick settings and check that screen wake hasn't accidentally been turned off. Swipe right from the clock face on your watch to access the quick settings. Change whether the screen turns on when you turn your wrist.

If this settings is set correctly, please try restarting your Versa 3 by following these steps: How do I restart my Fitbit device?

Give this a go and let me know if the issue persists. I'll be around, keep me in the loop.

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Many thanks. Wake now seems much quicker

⁣Get BlueMail for Android ​
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @RivyKIng, thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear the screen is working quicker now. 😉

I would like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issues, I'm constantly shaking my wrist to try and get the screen to wake. But my main issue is that when this doesn't work, the tap to wake option as a back up also doesn't work. I have read that tapping the strap can work best but surely this isn't correct - this sometimes works for me but I end up just frustratingly whacking the screen with my finger until something happens. 

Why doesn't a simple double tap on the screen work?

Best Answer

Sorry to hear that you are having the same problem. I'm afraid I didn't manage to resolve the issue satisfactorily. I have concluded that the "wake" function is simply not responsive enough. I have resorted to "always on" display. This reduces battery life but at least I can see the time when I want to. I have another issue with my Versa 3 in that resting bmp data does not record/show. Fitbit have been unable to resolve that one too. All in all, I am regretting buying my Fitbit. What makes thing much worse is that Fitbit have not responded to my last 2 emails. It appears to me that they simply do not want to know. Not what I expected from them but I will certainly not buy another Fitbit product. I will also share my experiences with anyone who wants to know. Sorry to be so negative.

Best Answer

A bit of googling shows me a similar answer to you... there isn't really one! Unfortunately I've also seen reports of Fitbit not having an answer and ignoring customers.

I also find it irritating that it's a waterproof watch but there's no way to lock the screen so it goes crazy when in the shower. 

Seems like Fitbit have some major yet obvious features to add.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! Same thing happened to me; I didn't realize my screen wake had been turned off!

Best Answer