Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up my Versa 2 to my MacBook Pro

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So, I just got a Versa 2 to replace my Charge HR which has recently died, only to discover that my phone (Samsung S5, 6 yrs old) isn't compatible with the Versa 2 because it doesn't have the latest Samsung update. So while I'm waiting to upgrade my phone (it is dying) I was told that I should be able to connect the Versa 2 to my MacBook Pro. I've got the FitBit Connect app on my MacBook Pro and noticed that the Versa 2 doesn't come with a dongle... I've checked and my Bluetooth LMP Version is (0x9). I've tried to pair the Versa 2 but when I click on the Versa 2 option when you have to choose your device, it keeps coming up with a loading circle. Does this mean that I need a dongle? Am I doing something wrong?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Community @syncmacbookpro. Thank you so much for mentioning that you've contacted our Support team. 

I appreciate the details mentioned and the troubleshooting tried. 

Currently, your Versa 2 can be set up only a compatible Android phone, iPhone, or iPad to use Fitbit Versa 2. For more information about supported devices and operating systems check this article

Hope you're able to set up your Versa 2. I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Welcome to the Community @syncmacbookpro. Thank you so much for mentioning that you've contacted our Support team. 

I appreciate the details mentioned and the troubleshooting tried. 

Currently, your Versa 2 can be set up only a compatible Android phone, iPhone, or iPad to use Fitbit Versa 2. For more information about supported devices and operating systems check this article

Hope you're able to set up your Versa 2. I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer

Thankyou so much! I managed to get the Fitbit set up using another phone. 

So you said that I couldn't set up the Versa 2 with my laptop, but can I still sync it to my laptop now that it's set up?

Best Answer

@syncmacbookpro Thanks for getting back. 

Now that your Versa 2 has been set up to your account, you should be able to sync without problem. You can learn more about it by checking this article: How do Fitbit devices sync their data? 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been trying to sync my Versa 2 with my desktop app on Mac.
The device is already setup on my phone.
However, the mac app doesn't even show Versa2 as a tracker for me and I'm not able to connect and transfer music.

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem.  I want to set up a versa 2 on my mac....but fitbit connect doesn't even have versa 2 as an option.  Already 30 minutes to discover how to take my old HR off my account - and now this.  Pretty crummy.

Best Answer

@syncmacbookpro and @vishnun Welcome to the Community. 

@vishnun I would like you to make sure you're following this procedure to transfer music. Since your Versa 2 is already connected to your account, you don't need to set it up again. 

@electron98 It's nice to see you on the Community. Thanks for the details mentioned. In this case, you will need to set it up using a supported mobile device

Keep me posted. 

Best Answer
Yes. I figured it out. The issue was that my watch wasn't connected to 2 G
wifi. I had connected it to 5G and it wasn't working. So I thought I need
to set it up again.

But i didn't need to. I was able to transfer the music once I switch to the
2G network.
Best Answer

@vishnun Thanks for getting back. I'm glad to hear that once you switch to the 2G network, you were able to transfer music. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@beccaslan   I'm sorry, but you can't sync a Versa 2 with a MacBook.  Syncing a Fitbit with a Mac (laptop or desktop) requires software called Fitbit Connect.  The Versa 2 isn't compatible with Fitbit Connect.  Not at all.  If you are an Apple product user, you need an iPhone/iPad that supports iOS 13 or newer.  Don't buy a dongle.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer