Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Severe battery drain on versa with firmware 05-03-2018 15:19

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Versa battery was lasting 4+ days until the recent update.

After the update the battery died in less than 24 hours.

I have rebooted and restarted my versa and android phone, pressed and held the back (left) and bottom buttons until I saw the Fitbit logo on the screen, and fully recharged the versa several times.

I am now getting almost two days.

Please don't tell me to shut off all the smart functions to save battery ... I didn't buy this to be dumb.

Any other advice would be appreciated.

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

@Roadbuilder Welcome! Thanks for being part of our Community! You seem to have tried most of the suggested troubleshoots for this issue. I would like to ask you to try the suggestions I shared here. Specially the ones about disabling all day sync and removing third party apps (not all the features like notifications as like you said you have the Versa for this reason) just to see if there is a change in its battery life. One final thing you could try is doing a Factory Reset (go to settings, about and Factory Reset) and setup your Versa again.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
Thanks for the advice.  Unfortunately,  I  have already tried the factory reset and now it just displays a reset error and wants me to resync to my phone .....

Currently,  it will not resync to my phone ....

Ironically my Ionic and my phone get along well.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer

After many try's, I finally got my versa reset to factory.

Unfortunately, now it will not complete setup and is still unusable.

The app finds it; however, it will not connect .....

I have purged the versa from the Fitbit app and my android phone; rebooted my phone; rebooted the versa numerous times and it always finds it and then fails to connect.

For the record I can turn around and reconnect to my Ionic without any problems, (yes ... Ionic  is in the other room and I am away from all bluetooth devices and five feet from my router).

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had similar issue after performing factory reset. Try to remove "Versa" from the list of paired Bluetooth devices on your phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I repeated all the steps again and removed the versa from bluetooth settings and it took this time.

Thanks.

Versa has now been factory reset and updated to the new firmware (3rd time and this is a painful process).

Now to see if the battery will hold a charge ....

Best Answer
0 Votes

@EugeneB Welcome! Thanks for being part of our Community! Sorry for the delay in my reply.

@EugeneB Happy to hear that your Versa worked after removing it from the bluetooth list.

@Roadbuilder how is your Versa behaving after this? Try to limit the amount of alarms and the all day sync option to save battery. Also have you installed new apps or clock faces?

I look forward to your reply!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer