Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I purchase the Versa 2?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My wife and me want the versa 2. But with a lot of users complaining about the original versa in regards to

• Cracking screens
  • Battery going bad after a few months
  • Wonky overshooting heart rates during activity
  • Buggy watch software (double drawings) which aren't solved buy reset
  • Unable to pair watch after fitbit software update on phone
  • Notifications stop working (reboot required)
  • Spo2 sensor not activated as advertised (also on the charge 3)

None of these complaints are single user problems, yet i cannot find any official statements from fitbit about this.

So @Fitbit. Did you take actions on any of these problems regards to the versa 2?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

So with no real answer on my question from fitbit and the problems at fitbit seems to keep piling up, I have decided to go with a Garmin VivoActive 4. At least the spo2 sensor works 😉
In fitbit defence, the spo2 sensor consumes 6%/hr on battery on the vivoactive 4 and you have to be perfectly still and bring your arm a heart-level for it to measure. So I disabled it anyway. Might activate it during sleep in the future for more metrics.

Screen is a transflective type, so always on without power. The colors are awefull though. But once you get used to it, you see right past it.

Besides from the battery drain with spo2 on, I had no problems at all. The android app works, notifications work (this might be new to some of you ;)). OS is non-intuitive though, learning curve for the OS is high, but as with the screen, once you know it, it is fine.

I know it is in a different price range, but at least I have a peace of mind and not have to continuously staring at my phone to see if I missed a notification. I hope fitbit steps up for you, this is goodbye for me.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
36 REPLIES 36

Oh, also forgot about the original versa not being really waterproof. Meaning failing after long submersion

Best Answer

Yes, I’d like to know too. My versa says my heart rate is 161 as I sit here writing this. Sleep hasn’t properly registered in days, and sometimes there’s simply NO heart rate at all. I haven’t received text or phone notifications in months, and they want to know if I have proper wrist replacement. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled. I’ve toggled Bluetooth on and off. blah blah blah. Still having all the same issues. Ugh!! I did notice that they are pushing a brand new Versa now. Why the hell would I spend another cent? Seriously? Fix the existing hardware and software issues!! Are you gonna respond to all these complaints Fitbit? The App Store and Play store are full of very similar complaints that all seem related to the recent forced update. What say you Fitbit? We’re all listening. 

Best Answer

St least yours is on. I went to sync and it’s dead. This morning my watch was on 56% no zero. Lost a whole day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

They won’t reply and if you call tech support for your versa they won’t help you beside offer you a discount on lesser models. Funny how all the Fitbit verses are failing with versa 2 coming out. I won’t ever buy a Fitbit again. I have been researching different Apple watches since they actually help their customers. 

Best Answer

Versa 2 based on same hardware from the Versa 1 (excluding screen change). It's called easy turn over. Take what you had, dump a new screen on it and tweak some software and call it a Versa 2 to get a new influx of sales.

All software updates would be compatible with Versa 1 but they won't be ported over, so that Fitbit can market the Versa with new features.

Typical Fitbit life cycle.

Best Answer

That's not true.

The Versa 2 does have a new processor, a bigger battery and a microphone.

And the SpO2 sensor is activiated.

Fitbit is going to activate the SpO2 Sensor on older devices too.

Best Answer

Don't defend Fitbit. The bigger battery means nothing. They are still saying 5 days battery. New processor is nothing to be excited about as the device is not demanding.

Fitbit devices are notoriously terrible. I wish they were better as I do like the devices but they are produced cheaply and sold at high prices.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got mine in July, so it’s definitely a “wait and see how good it is” for me. I don’t want to upgrade for the sake of upgrading. 

Best Answer

@Nanners11 I had never really looked at Apple trackers until today.  Was talking to others users in the gym and all 3 said that not once have they had any issues.

I think that is my path now.  Not Garmin or Polar but Apple watch series 3 or 4. 

Series 3 is £279 & 4 is £399 '£100 more' but I am not seeing anything even remotely as negative on the Apple forums about their devices like I am here on FitBit community.  

Blaze, Surge, Ionic and Versa1. I am not a FitBit employee.
Best Answer

I am seeing the same. Apple takes care of their customers. I have had iPhones and iPads. I have never had a single issue in the years of being with them. I only replace them when I decide to upgrade not because they failed. 

Best Answer

Yeah same. I had a Flex and it worked pretty well. I liked the Fitbit brand, but hadn’t read much negative stuff about the Versa before I got it. Some friends of mine said they liked it. I have been having problems with it and it has only been a little while. I hope it will get better, but I don’t know whether I will stay with them in the future. I’ve had apple products for a number of years and had very little issues with them. I have a MacBook Air, an iPhone and I’ve previously owned an iPod Nano. The Nano still worked a year ago when I donated it to Goodwill. That is how good the product is. One of the reasons I got a Versa is that it is supposed to be splashproof, unlike the Apple Watch. But after reading so much about how people’s Versas were completely ruined by showers and such, I haven’t even taken mine into a bath, let alone a pool. I’ll probably wear this one out and then look at getting something better next time around. 

Best Answer

I have had mine since they came out and have had no (zero) problems. I would certainly get a Versa 2.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I'm not minimizing any issues with the product, but my experience has been good. I've had the versa for a year and since I'm a swimmer it goes in the pool at least 3 days a week and I've had no problem with it. I do wish the watch gave me better swim metrics, but that's a minor complaint. I realize others have had some problems; just giving my experience with it. I am a bit worried about the water resistance problems others have had, so I'll take a wait and see approach to upgrading. I'll give it a few weeks and see what issues are persistent and go from there. 

Best Answer

If you do upgrade to a Versa 2 would you purchase the extended warranty that covers accidental damage?

Best Answer

I haven't got a fitbit (yet). I would not buy extended warranty, ever. If you buy extended warranty you silently admit buying an inferior product that needs it.

If I don't hear from fitbit themself what action they did to resolve these mass issues, then i'm waiting for the vivoactive 4 and my family will join the garmin family instead the fitbit family. I'm patiently waiting fitbit's response. It is up to them if they want a few more customers.

Best Answer

I think extended warranties are a rip off. If the product doesn't fail in the first year; it typically doesn't fail. I've never purchased an extended warranty for any electronic product I've ever had and I never will, but that's just me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your input... I will also check out the Garmin devices. Have
a great day!
Best Answer

Thank you for your response. I also will be checking out Garmin too. My daughter and I are both looking at the Versa 2 because we have had good luck with our prior devices. What do you think of the Apple Watch as far as the exercise capability?

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Apple watches are great. Except for poor battery life, you can't go wrong.

The reason why my wife doesn't want an apple watch is that you are stuck in the apple eco system. If your iPhone breaks and you want a cheaper android phone, your apple watch is useless.

Best Answer