Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skipping/Choppy Music playback

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have tried multiple Bluetooth speakers and headphones, I have tried both wrists, I have even placed the Versa directly in front of the Bluetooth speakers - no matter what the music sounds like a record skipping and it’s HORRIBLE!!!!! I can play music from my iPhone to the same Bluetooth devices with zero issues, but from my Versa it’s a disaster. I’m a kids Yoga teacher and use music during my classes a lot to help engage the kids...I was excited to be hands free/no phone while I teach. Very disappointed in FitBit and going there’s is a fix. Please don’t tell me to restart the device or unpair the Bluetooth, done that. Did noting 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone -

If the music playing choppy is from Deezer, please try pausing and playing the song again.

Regarding your inquiry, please note there is no a list of compatible earbuds that you may use for your Fitbit Versa 3.  However, I recommend you to check this helpful article How do I connect Bluetooth audio devices to my Fitbit watch?

If you still have issues please start a new thread or you can also chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected. This thread will be closed for further responses. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
65 REPLIES 65

@KamikaSan It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community! Sorry to hear about your issues while playing music from your Versa on your bluetooth speakers and headphones. Have you installed other apps on your Versa? Does it still has internal space? Also are you using one of the Fitbit clock faces or a third party one? Start by using one of the default clock face. Remove unnecessary apps and see if this issue persist. If you are still having issues then please try a factory reset on your Versa (settings > about > factory reset). Load music again but nothing else and retry playing it.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have installed zero apps

i am using the same lock gave it came with 

Best Answer

Dear KamikaSan,

Best advise IMHO in relation to this product is Return It While You Can!

As you continue using it you will stumble upon following, but not limited to:

- issues with synchronization of data

- tracking heart rate of floors, tables and other inanimate surfaces

- inability to efficiently change timezone

- tracking of steps that you never made while your watch was on charging station overnight

etc etc etc

This product has no right to be called neither smart nor watch nor fitness tracker.

As to support you will get here from affiliated moderators - pay attention to the structure of their standard way of replying to issues:

- first say how happy they are to have you here

- then say how sorry they are that YOU have a problem with YOUR usage/behavior/feature of YOUR smartwatch and related apps/services (basically take off any responsibility from Fitbit)

- bombard with 3-5 questions

- suggest 3-5 investigative actions 

- suggest to hope for the best 

- ask to come back with solution

Unfortunately you will see this kind of "care" again and again both here and via official support channels where you will be required to shoot videos of glitches, record sounds of cracking and so on.

Disclaimer: based on my observations as a customer I personally believe that Fitbit as a company has a serious and unacceptable flow in customer care and should be investigated for false advertisement of features in this product that do not work.

Best Answer

I tried restoring Factory settings and now it won’t connect to anything - wifi or Bluetooth a saint pair with my phone. Should have bought an Apple Watch 

Best Answer

I discovered that any object coming between the watch and the Bluetooth speakers, including my arm or other parts of my body, interrupted the music. The only way I could get it to play continually was to take the watch off of my wrist and put it in my pocket so that it was always directly in line with the speakers. So you can either have it on your wrist to record what it needs to, or you can have it play correctly. What a let down.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think the bluetooth range of the Versa is quite limited, probably because it's using lower power bluetooth.

Music was skipping a lot with my old Bluetooth headphones, but also with more recent ones.

Sometimes, just rotating the wrist can break the Bluetooth signal, so seems like the range is less than a meter, making it not fit for purpose.

However, sometimes a reboot of the watch (settings>About menu) fixes the issue, so it could be some background process "breaking" Bluetooth too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey. Did you ever get a fix for your choppy music playback?  I just got a Versa last week & just loaded music to it today & the music skips and is very choppy just as you explained. I did contact “support” via live chat & was told they are working on the issue. I am concerned as your post is from June and here it is December and it’s happening to my new Versa. Let me know because if it’s not fixed or going to be fixed I want to return it before too much time passes by. Thank you!!

Best Answer

I never found a fix. I gave up trying to use it to play music and went back to carrying my phone with me instead. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Omg!!!  That’s terrible   I’m sorry. I guess I need to make a decision about returning mine ASAP. Thank you for your response. 

Best Answer

I just got a versa and my music plays terrible. Choppy. I tried everything except a factory reset which I am afraid to do.

Best Answer

I am still having the same issue. Had an online chat with Fitbit & was assured they are working on it. Read some posts from June with same issues so I emailed Fitbit and told them that I was told they are working on it but am concerned because people have been complaining since June & if the issue hasn’t been fixed in 6 months that doesn’t give me much hope that it will be fixed and you have 45 days to return the new Fitbit. I received a response basically saying nothing other than working on it & if I have any other questions to let them know. They will not give any timeframe as to when it may be fixed. I am like you - not sure what to do. You may want to contact Fitbit directly so they do know there are more people with this issue. Good luck and keep me posted!!!

Best Answer
ThanksI think I will reach out to them and see what they say. I like the watch otherwise but this is a big problem that they need to address.
Best Answer

I totally agree. 

Thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow. Well this sucks! Same problem here. I’ll contact them today or tomorrow. Music sounds HORRIBLE-really choppy. Problem was reported 6 months ago, and no solution yet....🤔

Best Answer

Exactly....6 months and no fix yet 😫. Hope all of our complaints will make Fitbit provide an update to fix this issue. 

Best Answer

I discovered if I keep my arm moving or in certain positions,  it is better.

Best Answer

I had this same issue with one pair of headphones. I got a new pair of bluetooth headphones and they seem to work great. My other pair still work perfectly fine with other devices, just not my fitbit versa.

Best Answer

Oh wow. That’s great. I tried a pair of headphones and a speaker and both skipped but I have another set of Bluetooth earbuds on the way. 🤞🏻🤞🏻 Hoping that will fix it.  Thank you! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought a Versa today and they pair but are so crackly and it is unbearable to listen to. Im very disappointed.... might return the lot. 

Best Answer