Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep tracking doesn't start for hours after going to bed

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I usually go to sleep around 11-11:30pm and get up at 6:45am.  For some reason, the sleep tracking hasn't been starting until 2 or 3am.  What's up with that?

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

@PALFORD Have you tried rebooting your tracker several times by pressing and holding the left and bottom right buttons until fitbit logo flashes? Also, do you have any sleep presets set up in the fitbit mobile app, such as bedtimes, sleep length, etc.? If yes, clear them and sync your tracker. They've been known to cause this type of issues.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer
Thanks, yes I do have sleep times set. I will try your suggestions
Best Answer
0 Votes

@PALFORD Please do, then report back. 😄

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes
No luck, only recorded 3 hours sleep last night 😒
Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't think my first message showed up.  Have you tried your other wrist?  Mine will only record correctly on one wrist.  I just asked a question about why.  I was showing mostly 2 hours a night before I starting switching it before bed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@PALFORD Try @tooelej's advice, but also please go and check the Sleep Sensitivity setting under your Account on Fitbit.com. Make sure is set to Normal not Sensitive. Also, just in case is your heart rate recorded properly? You can try toggling heart rate ON/OFF with a reboot of Versa in between (tap on Settings app on Versa, scroll down to Heart rate). You can also try adjusting Versa's band and wear it tighter. 

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you have your original band on?  I just bought a cute generic band and this started happening to me.  I switched back and it was fine.  I also take sleeping pills and wondered if this could effect it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It is the original band, I am wondering if I am too restless when I go to
bed. I think I may let my daughter wear it for a night and see what happens.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@PALFORD Just to verify you guys cleared all sleeping presets like bedtimes from Fitbit mobile app. I talked to a few posters that had similar issue but it was resolved once they removed the presets. It seems to be a bug.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
The only thing I have set is the hours goal, but I just removed it. Mine has worked the last couple of nights with the original band on the opposite wrist, lol.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@tooelej let's see how it works. 😄

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes
I will try the other wrist and see what happens!
Best Answer
0 Votes