Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep tracking inaccurate with Versa

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa tracks my sleep but it's inaccurate.  I woke up this morning at 7am.  My Versa reported I was awake at 5am & it stopped tracking my sleep.  Other nights it starts my sleep long after I go to bed.  I'm asleep after my head hits the pillow.  My Blaze used to track sleep if I fell asleep in the recliner, recorded awake time when I moved to my bed & went back to tracking sleep until I woke in the morning.  Are there known issues with the Versa's sleep tracking that are being corrected by Fitbit?  I made the wrong assumption accuracy (heart rate, steps, sleep) would not be an issue with the Versa since the Blaze works so well.  

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and label. 

Best Answer
644 REPLIES 644

The last two nights I left my cell phone out in the kitchen while I slept in the bedroom, and the sleep tracking worked correctly.  However, I have elderly parents and need to have my phone with me.  So even if that’s the answer for getting it to work, it’s still going to have to go back.  Shouldn’t have to change lifestyle for something to work properly. I’m also very distressed to hear about the number of people who’ve had their screen crack while sleeping and were refused a replacement.  Not okay, Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don’t know if this will help anyone else, but I’ve gotten sleep tracking to work properly the last two nights by turning off All Day Sync and leaving my cell phone out in the kitchen overnight (about 40 feet away from where I sleep). First night I used a Fitbit-created clockface and second night I used a third-party.

I’m still returning it (I need my cell by my bedside at night), but am hopeful this might work for some. Worth a shot for those who are already outside the return window.

Best Answer

this is interesting.. you can do that same thing i guess by turning your bluetooth off and keeping it beside your bed. I think being that far away.. only the watch would check.. 

i am doing to be doing a few test too. .and see how it goes..

thanks.

Best Answer

Good point, turning Bluetooth off should have the same effect. I’ll try that tonight.

Best Answer

i had everything turned off and bluetooth turned off and my fitbit decided that i did not go to sleep at 10 pm but at 1 am.. 

so i had to adjust the sleep again.. 

so it did not work for me.. 

back to drawing board.. everyday i have to adjust my sleeping. I might as well start an excel spreadsheet

tired of it now

Best Answer

You actually did not answer this person’s question. I wore my versa to bed last night and there is no sleep log infonat all. Is there not a way to tell it when to start tracking sleep, as there was with my old fitbit? It’s not all that comfortable to sleep in so if I’m going to do that, I’d like the data. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I turned off Bluetooth last night and mine didn’t work correctly either: huge gap in between two shorter sleep periods with no sleep details, start time inaccurate by over an hour.  I could leave my phone in the kitchen again tonight, but I’m not feeling inclined to do any more work on this...shouldn’t have to! I’m within the return window so it’s going back. They offered me a replacement but I have no faith it will work any better. Back to my tried and true Charge 2.

Best Answer

Last night I kept my phone in the bedroom but turned off Bluetooth. Sleep did not work correctly: the recorded start time was much later than actual, and it showed a huge gap in the middle. I’m done!

Best Answer

I am very frustrated with my Versa NOT tracking my sleep.  Sleep tracking is one of my main reasons for purchasing the Versa.

Isnt it supposed to track sleep by default?

And I get over 7 hours every night.

Id appreciate your help.

Best Answer

Yes - Versa should automatically track your sleep. I assume you tried the trouble shooting hints (ie:

placement on wrist, changing wrists, rebooting Versa, etc.)

Sorry I can't be of more help

@Bonfire18 wrote:

I am very frustrated with my Versa NOT tracking my sleep.  Sleep tracking is one of my main reasons for purchasing the Versa.

Isnt it supposed to track sleep by default?

And I get over 7 hours every night.

Id appreciate your help.

Best Answer
0 Votes
that is the most stupid answer.. put it higher on your wrist..
you put the watch where it belong like all the other watches

if it was working o my charge.. there is no reason not to be working on my
versa

pretty soon . .i will have to wear it around my neck

Fitbit is losing touch.. big time.. by not being honest
Best Answer
0 Votes

My answer was not stupid, I just pointed out what was in the manual. A suggestion - Don't make it too tight, if you decide to wear it around your neck. 

@PaulMarch wrote:
that is the most stupid answer.. put it higher on your wrist..
you put the watch where it belong like all the other watches

if it was working o my charge.. there is no reason not to be working on my
versa

pretty soon . .i will have to wear it around my neck

Fitbit is losing touch.. big time.. by not being honest

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi!
I was starting to think the same way! I could get sleep duration and quality with my old fitbit. Only problem with that one is that it sat for a long time and I can’t get it to charge now. I figure I’ll spend my $350 (Versa Special edition with fitpay + extended warranty) on something that works the way it’s supposed to!

Thanks!
Best Answer
Sorry for the misunderstanding..

i was not calling you stupid..

i was calling fitbit stupid..
Best Answer
0 Votes

All is forgiven. BTW - I agree with your logic (that it is ridiculous to have to go thru hoops, to maybe be able to track sleep - it should be a no-brainer) 

@PaulMarch wrote:
Sorry for the misunderstanding..

i was not calling you stupid..

i was calling fitbit stupid..

Best Answer
0 Votes

😄

I expect they will eventually tell me to shave my wrist

then maybe add some of lubricant like vaseline.. 

BTW.. People. .i dont know that. .i just made that up.. dont follow it.. LOL

i know everyone is desperate

Best Answer
0 Votes

its funny... 

yesterday i received my new versa band that i ordered from amazon.ca and had to wait two weeks cause they came from China.. but i digress.
As the versa band is really uncomfortable i was really happy to received the watch band .. the same i had for the charge2 but for versa

I put it on. and guess what

It was the first night my versa tracked my sleep properly.

Coincidence?? Maybe or maybe the fitbit versa band is so stiff that when you relax and fall asleep it moves the fitbit off your skin and loose the reading??
Again.. might just be coincidence.. but figured i would mention it here..

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi

I think that the stiffness of the original band can cause the Versa to move
around and lose intimate contact with the skin, especially on a small wrist.
I have two (small) third party bands which are more flexible, stretchy and
feel comfortable even when quite tight. They appear to a have made a
difference to the sleep tracking in that the periods of sleep are more
accurate. However, my Versa is tending to not recognise when I first fall
asleep and also often stops recording after I've visited the bathroom.
Setting the Versa to 'sensitive' (as suggested in another post) makes
matters worse as it then reports that I am restless all night. Manually
editing the start and end times sometimes works but often produces odd
results.

I would add that I am not a good sleeper anyway...
Best Answer
0 Votes

@PaulMarch wrote:

its funny... 

yesterday i received my new versa band that i ordered from amazon.ca and had to wait two weeks cause they came from China.. but i digress.
As the versa band is really uncomfortable i was really happy to received the watch band .. the same i had for the charge2 but for versa

Great news, but could you provide details on that particular wrist band and where to order. I clicked on your Amazon link but it wasn't helpful.

I put it on. and guess what

It was the first night my versa tracked my sleep properly.

Coincidence?? Maybe or maybe the fitbit versa band is so stiff that when you relax and fall asleep it moves the fitbit off your skin and loose the reading??
Again.. might just be coincidence.. but figured i would mention it here..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey! I also have the extra wrist bands from China, also purchased from Amazon and my special edition versa is still a flaming **ahem**... it’s worked properly 1 night since getting it. Granted maybe I have different wrist bands than you but just letting people know it still didn’t help me.

Best Answer