Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep tracking inaccurate with Versa

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa tracks my sleep but it's inaccurate.  I woke up this morning at 7am.  My Versa reported I was awake at 5am & it stopped tracking my sleep.  Other nights it starts my sleep long after I go to bed.  I'm asleep after my head hits the pillow.  My Blaze used to track sleep if I fell asleep in the recliner, recorded awake time when I moved to my bed & went back to tracking sleep until I woke in the morning.  Are there known issues with the Versa's sleep tracking that are being corrected by Fitbit?  I made the wrong assumption accuracy (heart rate, steps, sleep) would not be an issue with the Versa since the Blaze works so well.  

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and label. 

Best Answer
644 REPLIES 644

Thanks for getting back @Kalush and for your participation @SemSquared.

Here are some additional steps you can try:

1. Manually sync your watch. See instructions in How do Fitbit devices sync their data?
2. Restart your Versa. See instructions in How do I restart my Fitbit device?
3. Try sleeping with the watch on your non-dominant hand. 
4. If steps 1-3 don't work, I suggest manually logging your sleep to reflect the time slept. See instructions in How do I change my sleep history?

Let me know how it goes. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

@Dan8379 Hey Dan, I am sorry you feel like Versa is a bit behind your sleep patterns. Have you had a chance to try the suggestions that @AlessFitbit posted here? Hope this helps!

@SunsetRunner here we have some additional suggestions that might help to make sure that you have good sleep hygiene. Remember that even though you can go to bed at a certain hour, your device won't track sleep until you are still enough. Let me know if this helps!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

not trying to flame or break any community rules, just gotta ask...

why are the mods continuing to appear to point to user error when there are sooooooooooo many issues that have been admitted to via the banner on display yesterday 4/24/2018, I would think the 'etc.' in the banner would include the sleep tracking issues that so many people are reporting on in this forum.

Best Answer

I couldn’t agree more.  If Fitbit doesn’t take action on this issue soon I will return my Fitbit and never look back. Oh and I’ll be sure to tell my friends and family how Fitbit would not fix their issue, instead they blame the consumer. 

Best Answer

I've changed mine to sensitive and it does not register anything.  No record of any sleep at all. 
I'm only able to get any kind of tracking if I manually set my going to bed and waking up times, but even then it doesn't register the sleep patterns.  For example, one night it shows that I was sound asleep with one minute of restlessness on an evening when I got up to use the restroom twice. 

Best Answer

I am having all of the same issues as everyone in this thread. Customer service has basically given me the run around all day saying to try different strategies (most of which would mean user error (when my charge 2 worked just fine)). My girlfriend also bought a versa that tracks just fine however, hers is the special edition model. 

Best Answer

I had a Charge HR which worked with no issues.  I have the Special Edition as well and same issue.  I think I’m going to exchange it and see if anything changes. It’s just shows that Fitbit does not care about their customers.  I have also noticed that my screen doesn’t wake up when I look at.

Best Answer

Mine is the special edition, but it isn't working, so I don't think that is the secret to success.  She must just be lucky 🙂

And mine sometimes wakes up when I look at it, but most times I have to tap it.

Best Answer

Hello all,

this problem is seriously annoying me especially because I am not seeing any serious answer to it. I just looked at bpm tracking and therefore no wonder why Versa cannot monitor my sleep: the bpm tracking looks like a dashed line during daytime!!

Hope to receive asap a real answer on how to sort this problem out. Thanks a lot and please don’t give me suggestions on how to wear it: I am wearing the same way I have been wearing my Charge 2 and that was perfect!

Best Answer

I changed my to sensitive last night and shows I was sleeping for 6hrs 40mins on the charge but only recorded 3hrs and 10mins of sleep. I changed the end sleep by 1 min and hit save. Now it shows it as accurate sleep for last night. @Skyybluepurple you may want to try that.

However it's not fixing the issue. Hopefully they fix it soon or they will have a lot returns on their hands.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well no one has the SE Versa in stock so I have to return this one and have NO Fitbit.  This is very frustrating.  

Best Answer

I have this issue too.  Have done items 1-3.   If I go to bed sleep for 2 hr and thengo to the bathroom my versa doesnt recognise that I have been asleep.  If I try to edit the sleep log manually anything might happen!  I might if I'm lucky get the basic sleep graph or there  might be no change. 

My HR charge worked perfectly every time (although just a basic log).    Some people have suggested changing the clock face bt I can't see how this would help and mine didn't come with a 'standard' face anyway (just clock error).

Best Answer

Some nights do log correctly.  Fitbit Support says to wear it 1-2 finger tips from your wrist & not too loose.  That worked last night but I need to test it out more to see if it continues logging.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having troubles with versa tracking my sleep as well... Just want to add another post for them, hope they fix this soon.

Best Answer

my sleep tracking keeps being totally inaccurate, therefore the Versa turns absolutely useless. Switching back to my Charge 2 and send this back...worst thing? Moderators suddenly disappeared

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner wrote:

I had a Charge HR which worked with no issues.  I have the Special Edition as well and same issue.  I think I’m going to exchange it and see if anything changes. It’s just shows that Fitbit does not care about their customers.  I have also noticed that my screen doesn’t wake up when I look at.

It's your own fault. You're not looking at your screen the right way. Oh, and you should take al look at your sleep hygiene.

Best Answer

I have the same issue. My Versa was working perfectly until the clock sync / app issues the other day. Since then my Versa hasn’t recorded sleep properly. When I sync my Versa with the app in the morning it shows my hours slept for that night in basic detail only and also changes all other previous nights to the same hours on the day summary page which is annoying. The detail is still there if i click on sleep. 

Best Answer

Knock on wood but my sleep tracking has improved.  It was spot on last night.  It logged sleep time in the recliner, wake time when I went to bed and continued logging sleep patterns until I awoke this morning.  I can't pinpoint what changed to  make it comparable to the Blaze but my sleep tracking is OK.

Best Answer

I keep waiting for that magical night where mine works. I always have to manually edit or add my sleep when I wake up. Last night it said it took me 3 hours and 33 min to fall asleep. I have tried everything that Fitbit suggests but no luck yet 

Best Answer

Lol!!  Well we all know now Fitbit has the worst customer service.  I get my new Fitbit today. Hopefully that will fix the issue but it’s doubtful. 

Best Answer